Chapter-19

Chapter-19

-Stubborn Hearts

Diana Thomas's POV

"I have to do this, for the sake of my peace that you will be happy without me."

"I am sorry. I want you to live a long life."

"I have to do this."

"I love you."

His words keep ringing in my head. The look on his face when he said I love you as he left keeps coming back to me. I won't let him leave me and our relationship like this. Never! He can't just walk away from me as he pleases. I am a part of this relationship too. It's a two way street.

With determination, I walk into his office. He is not here yet. Going to his table, I set everything in place, his files, notepad, pens and a glass of water. As I set his table, my past memories come back. Everything is clear now. Then I remember how I behaved in front of him these past few months when I don't remember him.

I offered him coffee, I called him the Handsome Man, I dumped water on him and all these other silly things. Oh God! I was even asking him who his ex-girlfriend was! I was jealous of myself! I sound like an idiot when I think about that. I made a fool of myself in front of him all these weeks. Honestly, I don't feel that embarrassed also, because it is My Martin who saw me do all these things.

Then I remember how he gets suddenly cold to me. He was trying to keep me away by being near me. Oh Baby! Why are you doing this?! I remember how he held me close as I cried in the conference room when we talked about the sexual harassment in the company. I remember how he spoke rudely to me when I was in his office once to apologize. Oh and the menu card I used to hid from him.

What was I thinking?!

He took care of me every time something happened like the time I stepped on a glass and the time I fainted and woke up in his lap. He says he is the danger to me when it's the opposite.

Opening his table drawer, I take his file to put it in, but I found a file with my name. What is this? What surprised me is not that he had a file on my name, but why would he need one. He is with me every walking second. I pull it out and put it on the table. Opening it, I see my medical reports, some pictures of me taken before I joined the company. He had me followed? There are some security papers as well.

Did he assign security on me?

I just stare at the file. There is everything about me in here. He is not away from me even before I started working here.

Martin.

My heart swells with warmth. He can't do all this and leave me. I will do anything it takes to stop him! Closing the file, I keep it back in his drawer. Just as I close the drawer, the door opens and in walks The Handsome Man. Warmth spreads over my body as I see him walk in. My Handsome Man. He looks up and our eyes meet. The surprise is clear in his eyes.

That's right! You thought I would just let you leave me?

I realize how psycho that sounds, but he is the real psycho here. He is the one breaking our relationship and breaking both of our hearts.

"Good morning, Mr. Vincento!" I greet him as I fold my hands near my chest. A smirk is surely playing on my face.

"Diana." He seems to be coming out of shock. Arh! It was a completely different feeling hearing him call my name before and after regaining my memories, both in a good way. He says my name with such love that my heart is melting and I want to kneel and do whatever he says. He comes to me in three long strides. "What are you doing here? Did they discharge you already? How are you feeling?"