Chapter-17

Chapter-17

-To save the girl you love, you sacrificed your love

Note: A little warning before you start. Grab you tissues and do tell me what you think after reading! The cast of Diana is fixed. I want Diana to be someone simple and homely. Not someone hot or beautiful. She beautiful in Martin's eyes. The cast name is Venessa Hessler. you can google her or you can also imagine someone your own for Diana.

 you can google her or you can also imagine someone your own for Diana

Play the song if possible as you read the chapter.

Diana Thomas's POV

"What do you mean we broke up? I don't remember any of it. I don't have any memory of us talking about it. Do I not remember it?"

Martin stays silent as he looks at me.

"I-I mean if we did break up, why are you still here? Why did you buy the company that I was working in? Why did you become my boss and why do you have a picture-no pictures of us in your house?!" I feel like smoke might come out of my ears any minute now. "If we actually broke up, why do you care about me?" My voice came out almost as a whisper. Mom and Micheal left us alone. It's only us both.

"I was so scared." He says looking down at my fingers that he is holding. He kisses my hand before looking up. "I was scared that something might happen to you... if I am with you." Oh not this again!

"Martin, we talked about this before too."

"I know. No matter how much we talk about it, it doesn't change the fact that I am a bad luck and bring danger. I don't want you to be in any danger. I can't see that." The sincerity is clear in his eyes. But why doesn't he understand that our love is more important?!

"When did we break up? Did we talk about it? I wouldn't have let him break up over this thing!

"No. When I saw you in the hospital after the accident..." He stops speaking and looks away from me. It's like he can't speak about it. He looks back at my IV attached hand. He caresses it gently. "For the first time in my life I was scared. I don't want to see you like that I again. Never! Not because of me." He shakes his head. He holds my hand with both of his. "So, I decided to not tell you truth about us being in a relationship. I told Mrs. Thomas to not tell and she thought if we are going to break up, telling you about the past would only hurt you."

"So, that's how we broke up?" I am confused.

"Yes."

"How is that a break up, Martin? You decided to walk away and you call that a break up?! It's my choice! Does my feelings mean nothing to you?!" Tears cloud my vision. They start flowing down freely and I don't stop them.

"They do. That's why we didn't tell you anything. It would hurt you."

"So, it doesn't hurt you?! Are you happy breaking up with me? Are you happy acting like we weren't in a relationship while I was working with you?!"