C H A P T E R 2 7

Ebony and Max had been going back and forth, and eventually Max won, they had been in the gym, just training and exercising.

Ebony had walked over to use the dumbbells and had been squatting and had eventually grown tired and she laid on the floor to stretch.

"You good down there?" Asked Max from the running machine.

"Come join me" she said flailing her arms around.

Switching the machine off, he walked towards her and kneeled above her small frame.

"Shouldn't this be the other way around?" She said as she quickly made it into reality. Using some of the moves Allessandro had taught her, she twisted their bodies around so she was straddling him. "That's better" she said and laid her head on his chest, his heart was racing, as she expected, but he still kept his cool; she had often called him cucumber, because he was always so calm and radiated tranquility, but if she had known his past, she would've referred to him as an IED (Intermittent Explosive Device=a bomb)

He slowly snaked his arms around her waist, and embraced her in his arms, they were both warm and sweaty, but neither of them cared, it was as if they had been together for decades, but it was only a year and a few months.

"You're so beautiful Max, you know that right, that's how I see you, and no one can ever make me see you differently" she said still laying on his chest.

"Beautiful? Isn't that something I should be calling you?" He asked while moving the curl that had fallen out from her bun.

"Nope, get that shit out of your head, we are not having any toxic masculinity in this relationship. You are beautiful, because I said so, do you understand Morte"

"Yes ma'am... you know I love you right"... at least that's what he said inside of his head; he did in fact love her, to the point where he would continuously get butterflies in his belly whenever he saw her.

"I do, no toxic masculinity here" he said while sitting them both up.

"MRS MORTE MAX AND EBONY ARE BEING GROSS!" Regina screamed, as she walked in to the gym. Max and Ebony quickly detangled themselves from each other and stood up, dusting each other off.

"Really Regina?" Max knew that Regina was a good person but she was like the little sister he never wanted.

"I need a spot so you you two sweaty and gross teenagers go get a room, I'm tryna get Enzo to 'help' me" she said whilst winking.

That was their cue to leave, Ebony wished Regina good luck, but Max wasn't having any of that so he smacked her butt to keep her moving out of the door.

"Can you maybe... dress up... in something red" he asked as they walked into their bedroom. I say their bedroom because she had practically almost moved in, she barely had any clothes at her own house.

"I mean sure, but I'll have to go home to find something"

"I'll get one of the boys to drive you" he said whilst stripping of his shirt.

"Why can't you drive me?" She said while also stripping of her gym shirt.

"Because I need to... get some stuff ready" he took his shorts off, which prompted Ebony to look down at his grey boxers.

"Fine" she took her shorts off and started to walk towards him, she tried to look big, but he was a foot taller than him, the top of her head barely met the top of his shoulder.

"Do you wanna shower first?" He asked politely, looking down at her.

"Why can't we shower together? You go in first and then I'll come in, in a second" she said while pushing him to the bathroom.