C H A P T E R 1 2

The movie had finished and they were all so worn out, it was starting to get really late, she looked around and saw that Enzo and Alex were passed out along the couch and Max's head was laying on her shoulder. His curly hair was splayed across his face, framing it in the best way possible.

She really needed to pee but she didn't know what to do. She needed to learn how to do things on her own again, like using the toilet, she tried moving Max's head from her shoulder but he woke up because he felt her twisting and fidgeting.

"Hey are you okay? Do you need anything?" He asked with sleep still deep in his voice.

She didn't know how to tell him that she needed to pee other than being bluntly honest, "I'm okay I just... I kinda need to... pee", he shifted from his seat and stood up.

"Okay... I have a plan, can you try stand?" He asked.

She attempted to stand up but fell right back down, her balance was completely off, her leg was basically broken and so was her arm, she couldn't do anything yet. Max lifted her up from under her arms and put her on his back.

"So am I gonna get a piggyback every time I need to pee?" She asked while they were going up to the toilet in her room.

"I mean I don't mind looking after you and doing all this for you, it's fun spending time with you" he said sincerely.

They got to the toilet and he backed her up onto the toilet, she used his arm to balanc herself, she saw that there was a bar next to her toilet, it definitely wasn't there before.

"Your mom said she got that fitted in here a few hours ago, when she found out you were allowed to come home" he said from outside of the bathroom. "Do you think you can handle it from here?" He asked.

"Yeah, thanks" she said while trying to get back up.

After a while of trying to balance herself, she finally got her pants down, and accomplished her first time peeing. She also managed to have a shower on her own too, technically it was a semi bath because she couldn't get her casts wet.

She sat on the edge of the bath tub with a towel wrapped around her because she couldn't move without falling over from both the water on the floor and because of the lack of balance.

"Max, could you come in and help me please, but close your eyes" she added quickly. Soon after she said that, he came in and was feeling around, until she put her hand out for him to feel.

"Should I pick you up or do you just need me to balance and help you get out", she went back and forth with herself to decide what was the best option.

"Just um, turn around but have your arms at the back of you like you're about to give me a piggy back but... not?" He did as he was told and put his arms out, she grabbed onto them and hopped out off the toilet. She jumped onto her bed and managed to keep her towel on.

Now for the clothes.

"Would you mind going into my wardrobe and getting me my pyjamas, they should be on the right side in the draws, take your time" she said while drying herself.

While he was looking for some pyjamas for her to wear, she put on her boxer-briefs and she decided against a bra because of her ribs.

"I found these for you" he said walking in with an oversized black knitted sweater that says 'sleep' on the front with some black pj shorts, he handed them to her, she swiftly put the sweater on over her towel and put the shorts on under her towel, all the needed to do was rip the towel off and she was done.

"That was quick, are you feeling better now?" He asked while sitting next to her.

"Yeah I'm just a little cold now" she said while trying to get underneath the cover of her bed, it was only then that she realised that she had lost both her iPad and her phone in the car crash. She laid on her good side facing Max who had made himself comfortable on her bed too.