Chapter 7 - Memories - Part 6

A/N: Five down. Five to go. Comment as you read, and cheer me on. The plot thickens, and I hope you're all looking out for any foreshadowing or possible plot lines. :) Give me your thoughts in the comments. And remember to vote for all five chapters. 

CAMI: 

Diana Wayne had been my acting coach during the shooting of Love Beat, and while we hadn’t always been the best of friends, it was extremely good to see her now. I sat in our private booth, watching as she ordered something from the waiter. After she’d finished, she turned to me.

“It’s been so long since I saw you,” she said. “How are you holding up?”

“I’m good,” I said. “You saw that the other night.”

She laughed. “Ah yes. The day where Harry sucker punched Peyton Moon, and then left without a word. That was a good night.”

I averted my eyes. “Sorry about skipping out on you guys, we had to get away from there.”

“No problem, darling.” She winked. “David was just complaining how he couldn’t buy Harry a drink after that stunt. He wanted to hit Peyton too.”

“Yeah.” I nodded. “Peyton just has one of those faces, I guess.”

“Oh, honey.” Diana smiled. “It’s not just his face. Every time he opens his mouth, something self-centered comes out. I’m not exactly the smartest person on earth, but every time he talks, I can almost feel my brain cells commit suicide just to get away from it.”

“I can’t believe my sister dated him,” I muttered. “And for so long too. Honestly, I can’t see what could be appealing enough to keep her hooked.”

“The heart wants what it wants, I guess.”

I nodded absentmindedly, deciding not to speak while the waiter returned with our drinks. Once he was gone, I reached for my drink with a smile.

“Tell me about you and David,” I said.

“What do you want to know?” Diana asked before she sipped her drink gently.

“Well… How did that happen?” I tasted the drink, surprised to recognize the taste of a long island ice tea. Diana must have remembered it from back then.

“Well. Do you recall that game we played? The one with all the confessions?”

I nodded. “Sure.”

“Well, David confessed that the crush one—the one I couldn’t guess—that was him. And he had a crush on me. We were just sitting around and started talking, and then he just blurted it out.” She blushed. “And I decided to give him a chance.”

I tried to hide the squealing sound I made. “I’m so happy for you.”

“He’s so sweet and amazing. On our first date, he took me dancing even though he only knew a few steps. He kept tripping over himself, but he still kept trying for me.”

“Aww.” My heart almost melted. “That’s so thoughtful.”

“And since then, we’ve been together almost every day. Last week, he even asked me to move in with him.” She grinned. “He gave me some time to think it over, but I think I’m going to say yes.”

“That’s such a big step,” I said and remembered how Harry had simply given me the keys to his apartment. It wasn’t the same as moving in, but he obviously wasn’t too opposed to the idea. I knew I was getting ahead of myself, but in my mind, living with Harry would be amazing.

“Cheers to that,” she said and raised her glass.

One glass quickly became many, and as time flew I forgot that I needed dinner. I had a pretty decent buzz going, and the privacy of our booth made me talk more freely.

“Can I ask you a question?” I asked her, biting my lip.

“Sure, go ahead.” She smiled, gesturing with one hand for a refill.

“Have you and David ever… you know…” I gulped. “You know… that.”

“That what?” She frowned.

Blood rushed to my cheeks, and I felt the tips of my ear grow warmer. “You know… Have you ever been…” I lowered my voice and leaned closer. “Intimate…?”

“Do you mean if we have had sex?” she asked with a frown.

I nodded and grabbed my drink, emptying it to hide my embarrassment.

“Of course, we’ve been together for almost three months.” Diana shrugged. “It’s not that uncommon when we both are sexually active. You probably know it from your relationship with Harry.”

I muttered something into the edge of my glass.

“Sorry, what?” she asked. “Wait… You and Harry have done it, right?”

I shook my head.

“Wow. After four months, that’s impressive. Especially if you’ve been so close the whole time. Not uncommon, of course. It’s even admirable, but I wouldn’t have guessed that.”

“Well, we haven’t actually been together for four months,” I admitted. Then I lunged into the details of my relationship with Harry. Everything from the hospital, and up until now. I even told her about the nightmares, but left out what little intimacy Harry and I had shared.

“Wow,” Diana said. “So you have no idea why everyone lied?”

I shook my head. “Harry has traveled home in order to figure it all out.”

“I must say, though.” She frowned. “I met with Larsson not so long ago, he didn’t say anything about the contract or additional promotional work.”

“What?” I struggled to focus on what she was saying.

“He’s about to marry that girlfriend of his, you know… The nurse. Personally, I think it’s too quick after the divorce, but hey—I’m not one to judge.”

“So, you haven’t heard anything about extra promo work?” I frowned. “That’s weird. David is in the movie too, he should have been briefed on it, as well.”

She shrugged. “It might not mean anything. Maybe it’s just that you and Harry gather more publicity.”

“Maybe…” I said, but I wasn’t entirely convinced. I didn’t know the truth, but I knew that I was going to find out. One way or another.

 A/N: So, the thing about these updates is this: If you guys don't read, comment and vote, they're actually going to sink the story on the rankings. So if you really like these marathons, and getting a bunch of chapters in such a short time, I'm going to need your a-game here. For me, I lose out on more, number wise and promotion wise by doing this. The only thing I can hope for is to make you happy enough to want to keep supporting me and the story. Therefore, please, give this a vote maybe?