Chapter 6 - Aftermath - Part 5

A/N: Comment as you read, yeah? If you guys are up for it, I'm gonna try to do a TwitCam in like... fifteen minutes after uploading this. I'll be on there for as long as there's someone to talk to, so comment if you want the link, or go to www.twitter.com/MajaDiana. You don't have to have twitter to watch, but if you want to ask questions directly to me, then you can sign up for twitter free. No worries if you can't, I plan to do another one on Friday, as well. If it's a hit, who knows? Maybe I'll do more. For now, enjoy the last part of Chapter 6.

CAMI:

“I really think this will be great,” Shane said with a broad smile.

The shock hadn’t exactly subsided yet. I couldn’t believe how lucky I was. Shane hadn’t just offered me a job, but he’d also provided me with an opportunity to go somewhere in the world. Generally, students wouldn’t need to seek outside of the school until the last trimester, but somehow, I had already secured myself a future. Most people weren’t that fortunate.

I would need to talk to my professor and see it this could be a part of my education, but I didn’t think that would be a problem. Shane were apparently a former student here, and he promised to talk if any issues were to arise.

Shane looked at the clock on my wall. “I better get going. I have some other issues to attend to, but I’ll see you Thursday morning, okay?”

I nodded with a smile. “That sounds like a plan.”

We shook hands, and I led him out into the hall. Harry still hadn’t returned, and I was hoping it wouldn’t take too long. Grabbing my phone, I texted Annie that I was going to have a small date with Harry in our room and that there’d be pizza if she wanted some.

However, only a few seconds later, she responded saying that she was staying at Lisa’s place and that I was stupid if I thought she’d crash my date. I smiled at the screen.

In all honesty, I was going to miss her. She’d explained that her best friend was moving to New York and that they wanted her to stay with them. It would make the dorm room so much quieter. And with this new opportunity with Shane, I wasn’t sure if I’d even see her around the school either. Mentally, I promised myself that I would spend some time with her before she left.

Realizing that I was still standing in the door, I sighed and walked inside. Harry said he’d be back, so all I had to do was wait. He probably didn’t know where to go, and I had been too preoccupied to actually give him any directions.

I sat down on my bed and pulled out the photo album beneath my bed.  I wasn’t exactly a diary type of girl, but this was pretty close. In this massive leather-bound album, I had my most cherished memories in picture format. It contained photos of my favorite places and my favorite people. The entire middle section was devoted to Harry.

It had been a way to pull through everything, and while it hadn’t completely healed everything, this book had still been a big help to me.

Running a finger over the picture of Harry making a silly face at the camera, I smiled. Back then, I’d been so sure that these memories were all I had left, but now he was in my life again.

The pictures reminded me of Milan and all the events back there. However, I only focused on the good stuff. I would need to go back to Dr. Hertz tomorrow, and for the first time since I started going there, I was actually excited.

I knew I shouldn’t trust this moment of fake euphoria. I knew that already tomorrow, my world could crumble, leaving me to hold onto the shattering foundations of my already messed up life. I knew all that, but I still didn’t care. For just a moment, everything seemed perfect.