Chapter 2 - Contract - Part 2

A/N: Please comment as you read. And vote like crazy. This story is currently in the top 100 on the fanfic lists, and that's SO cool. It would mean a lot to me. 

CAMI:

Harry’s arm was around my shoulder. Harry was touching me. I could feel his warmth.

My line of thought seemed relatively one-sided, and I found it hard to focus on anything else, except the way his body heat sent chills through my entire body. With every step, I could smell his perfume come closer, enveloping me in sweet memories of this summer.

And yet, I didn’t deserve it. This was all for show. Of course, he could have toned it down a notch—but who was I to complain?

I walked with them, leading them around the school grounds. Pointing to a large gray building, I said, “Over there is out regular classes. English, literature, Algebra, etc.” I scowled. “I don’t like math.”

“Who does?” Zayn laughed.

Danny liked math, but I didn’t say that. It had been a coincidence that he was with me when I saw Harry. Danny was my partner on most of my photography projects. He was the most skilled person when it came to set up the lighting to get the perfect shot. We’d been partnered up at random in the start of the year, but a friendship slowly grew from that point. Now he was one of the people I spent most of my time on. Of course, it didn’t hurt that he had a hot crush on Annie either.

“What classes are you taking?” Zayn asked.

“Well. Most of them, really.” I cringed. “My diploma from England doesn’t count as a full college grad here. So, I still need it in case I need to fall back on something.”

“You always have acting,” Harry muttered.

It felt like a stab to the heart, but I tried to ignore it. After all, I should be nothing but grateful that he was playing along. Even though, in this case it was all an act.

“What about friends?” Zayn grinned. “Met anyone cooler than me?”

I rolled my eyes. “As if that was possible. But I did find a few. My roommate, Annie, is amazing. You should meet her.” I hadn’t forgotten her request to meet Zayn. Carefully, I glanced at Harry, wondering if Annie would be surprised to see him here.

“Yeah?” Zayn said. “I’d love to. Any friend of yours is a friend of mine.”

“I can show you to my room next?” I grinned.

Harry coughed beside me, and I frowned, wondering what that was for. He tightened his hold on my shoulder and sent me a weak smile.

“Show the way then,” he said.

And so I did, weaving them through the many building. On our way, I pointed out more buildings such as the science lab, where a particular group of artists took pictures of stars and bacteria to make them spectacular. It wasn’t where I studied the most, but it was still interesting. Zayn in particular seemed impressed with everything while Harry just stayed silent beside me.

My dorm was in the furthest building away from everything else, and I complained lightly about it. It was a chore to get to classes in time.

“How come you live on campus?” Zayn asked. “Why not an apartment?”

I shrugged. Ludmilla had offered to pay for one, but at the time I’d been so excited to get my own life back and return to normal. Of course, that conviction had wavered once I saw how small my room actually were. “I wanted the full college experience, I guess.”