Chapter 6 - Aftermath - Part 4

A/N: Comment as you read, yeah? This chapter is extra long, and it's dedicated to all the people who tweeted #PlayFanfic on twitter, and used it on Instagram. If you want longer chapters, then consider joining it. You have no idea how much it helps me. Plus, it's so cool to see you discuss the book. 

HARRY:

This was utterly ridiculous. I threw the phone on the table and began pacing the living room. Zayn had split before I returned, so there was no way to get any answers now. I’d already tried calling him six times, only to get his voicemail.

That little bugger knew something. It hadn’t occurred to me until after I’d arrived home, but he’d been pressing me to talk to Tessa for a while. Had Zayn played along with the lie too? Was he feeling guilty? Was that why he and Terry had been so adamant to get me to contact Cami again?

Whatever the reason, Zayn undoubtedly knew more than he let on. And he was going to have to answer some questions as soon as I got a hold of him again.

However, right now I didn’t know what to do with myself. I had already watched a movie and zapped through several channels, but I was too restless.

I needed to do something—I just didn’t know what. The main reason, I even came to New York, was to find Cami, and while Zayn had a bunch of contacts here, I didn’t really feel particularly social. In all honesty, I just needed answers.

And I needed them now.

Reaching out to grab my phone, I scrolled through my contacts. Louis was back home, Niall was on vacation, and I’d bet that Liam was with Saphira right now. They probably wouldn’t be of much help right now either. Zayn wouldn’t have told them if he didn’t tell me. I didn’t think so at least.

But then again, he might have told someone else… I scrolled up to A in my phone book, looking for her. When I finally found Annoying Pixie, I pressed the call button immediately. I had to talk to Terry.

She answered on the third ring, just as I was about to give up.

“Geez, Harry. Do you have any idea what time it is? I was in the middle of cooking,” she scolded.

“You, cooking?” I laughed. “Glad I called then, maybe it’ll actually get cooked then.”

“That was one time, and I didn’t know it was frozen.” She groaned. “What’s up?”

I sat down in the armchair, resting my head. “You wouldn’t happen to know if your fiancé is hiding something from me, would you?”

“Uhm…” It sounded like she shifted the phone around. “Why do you ask? And in what context?”

I sighed. “Apparently, it was all a big fat lie. Cami was told I didn’t want to see her back in Milan… That’s why she left the country before I woke up. And I suspect Zayn knows something. He was there, right?”

“He was…” She sounded hesitating.

“Just tell me already,” I said.

“Look, Harry. I really wish I could, but to be honest, it’s something you should talk to your sister about.” Terry sighed. “It’s not my place to tell you.”

“I’ve tried that,” I said. “I can’t get ahold of Tessa or Emma. Even my parents won’t pick up right now. It’s infuriating.”

“Whoa, chillax on the big words there, big boy.” Terry laughed. “It’s not that bad, I promise.”

“Not that bad? It costs me three months of sulking. If you knew something, why didn’t you just say it?”

“I tried, Harry. I really did. But you wouldn’t listen to me, or Zayn. We both attempted to help you.”