Chapter 4: The New Girl

You guys arrived at the prison, the new girl ( jasmine) and carl have been non stop talking and you were getting kind of sad. So you try to get carl's attention, "hi carl!" You scream, he just smiles and turns back to the girl. Even though you were new to the group, you and daryl were already really close. You were bestfriends with beth and maggie but mostly beth. Beth saw your face when you entered the prison, "hey y/n!" She yelled while hugging you. "Hi beth!!! I missed you" you reply. "Whats wrong y/n?" She asks you, "i dont know what your talking about beth, im not upset!" "I never said you were..." You stay silent. "But now that you mention it what's wrong? Oh. I see its the new girl who is getting to you, dont worry but i thought you didnt like carl" she tells you "me either but i feel in love with him this morning" you reply and a tear falls down your face. Beth conforts you and tells you that she is here for you. Later it was already night and everyone was eating with eachother outside like if it were a campfire gathering. You saw carl sitting next to the new girl and you tried sitting next to carl but the girl put her plate right next to him. You get really mad but you let it pass. Everyone was heading to bed and you were heading to your cell to sleep but you see jasmine passing with water then she "accidentally" drops it on top of you. "What the hell?!" You scream "im-im sorry y/n...haha...not" she replies while walking away, you see her walking into carls cell and you hear them both laughing. You whisper to yourself like if you were saying it to carl , "little do you know how im breaking while you fall asleep" you begin to cry. You knew that the girl wasnt going to drive you crazy and make you leave because of her so you stay strong. "Goodmorning carl" you say with a smile, but just like yesturday he just smiled and went to go talk to the girl. You begin to cry and run off to the tower. Then all of a sudden you hear screams and then a *boom!!!* a gunshot! You go running to the field and see beth down with jasmine holding the gun. "W-what the hell did you do?!!!!!" You punch jasmine in the face and then check on beth. Jasmine shot her in the leg but maggie took her to one of the cells that hershel was in get the bullet out, you and jasmine stay in the field then you start throwing punches on jasmine. "HEY!!" Rick and carl scream. Carl holds jasmine and rick holds you, "what are you doing y/n?!" Carl screams at you, you see jasmine smirking then you pull out your gun and shoot only one time into jasmine's leg and tell her, "hey stupid! thats how beth felt! My bestfriend!!" You walk away. Carl goes up to you and he wanted to talk to you, "hey y/n whats up with yo-" you cut him off "is that how you want to mess with me?! I knew it!!! I should have never gone on that date with you! Look how i am now!!! Im broken because of YOU!!!" Carl stays silent. You go back to your cell and start throwing things across the room and cry. You knew you had to stay strong for beth and everyone else. You loved carl but didnt know how to express it.