.55

Author's Note: Flashbacks are in Italic. Or they could also mean character thoughts

.55

"Why did you do it?" His voice was soft but sad.

I sighed. I still wish he let me drowned. I'm back again at this agony.

People are better off without me. But Kev isn't just some people.

"What is it to you?" I asked. I can't hide the coldness in my voice.

"I know you're in pain, Skyla. I know you want to put an end to it..."

"You don't understand, Kev. It's not just putting an end to it." I looked at him from across the room. "I feel trapped, and I can't see my way out. I'm tired of the endless search. I'm just so tired."

"And I'm here, Skyla. I'm here to help you."

"I know, Kev."

He walked towards me and held my hand, "I'm here, Skyla. For you. Only for you."

But you're not the one I wished for.

I'm so sorry.

"Bakit hindi ka pa bihis, Calista?" Tessa asked with a bright smile on her face. She's wearing an all-white business suit, and her red lipstick compliments her skin tone so well.

"I feel like not going. Can I stay home?" I asked. 

Alam ko naman na imposible at hindi papayag si Tessa pero sinubukan ko pa rin itanong.

Her expression instantly changed, "No! The sponsors will be mad, Calista, and didn't you decide on this?" Tessa's eyes surveyed me and asked. "What's the matter, sweetie? Are you feeling okay?"

I nodded, "I'm more than okay. Sorry about what I said. Forget it." I sat down at the chair and looked in the mirror.

Tessa stood behind me and didn't miss the bouquet of pink tulips sitting atop my table. I watched her expression from the mirror as she looked at the flowers. She was smiling at first, but it faded when she saw the name on the card.

Congratulations my hummingbird

-Kev

I watched as she swallows the lump on her throat. Ngumite siya sa akin na para bang wala siyang nakita kanina lang. Hindi ko alam kung kailan nagsimula ang pagkagusto ni Tessa kay Kev at hindi ko rin alam kung hanggang kailan niya balak itago ang kanyang nararamdaman.

If she admits that she likes Kev, then I am more than willing to help her, but if she's not going to do anything, then he will stay by my side.

And I need Kev. I feel sorry for her, but she doesn't need Kev like I do.

She took the hair curler from my drawer and started curling my hair. Tessa cleared her throat and asked, "Are you nervous?"

I shook my head slightly, "Why would I be nervous? It's just an exhibit." I lied.

Honestly, I did not sleep well. Kev had to stay by my side to get rid of the anxiety I felt last night. Sometimes I sleep well. And sometimes Kev is the only one who can put me to sleep.

I would lie if I said I was not nervous. This is the first time I will show up again in public. I also stayed in the Costa estate for seven years with only Kev, Xavi, Leah, and Tessa. 

When I went out last night to burn the Vielle Enterprises to the ground, that was the first time I went out, and the result was not good.

I did not even realize that they were following me, and they almost managed to catch me in the trap they made. Not only did one man follow me but two others. I know they are not related to each other.