.35

.35

Before Jake went to school, I borrowed his phone for me to call Detective Michaels' office. I was lucky enough because he picked up right away. It wasn't a good idea to talk on the phone, I told him that he and I should meet. I also texted Alexavia, at ngayon ang papunta na sya dito sa bahay ni Jake.

Nagpasalamat rin ako kay Jake at sa nanay nya dahil sa kabaitang pinakita nila sa akin. I will be forever in debt to them. I left their house early in the morning, which saddens me because I didn't get the chance to talk to Tasha.

I remember the words Jake's mom said, "Pwede kang bumalik kahit kailan mo gusto. Welcome na welcome ka sa bahay na ito."

I hugged her tightly before leaving. As much as I'd like to stay for more few days, I don't think it will be a good idea, especially with how things are going in my life right now.

Now that I know may chip sa loob ng katawan ko ay gusto ko agad itong matanggal. Ivo was supposed to help me, but I can't rely on him after what happened last night. I am just hoping na may kilala si Detective Michaels' para matanggal 'to. I'm pretty sure Uncle Bern and Anthony are probably looking at whatever device they use to know where I am now.

I asked Alexavia to meet at 7eleven, where I met Jake and his friends. I am already inside, waiting, sipping my coffee. I didn't expect things to escalate this quickly. I don't want to go back to my Uncle's house after his announcement at the restaurant. I still can't believe he said that Anthony and I are to wed. Ang malala pa ay sang ayon si Anthony.

What the hell are they thinking? They didn't even ask me if kung gusto ko magpakasal. I am only 21. Ang dami ko pang gusto gawin sa buhay ko. Idagdag mo pa ang conference na pupuntahan naming ni Kev this Friday. I swear that once everything's settled, I'll go abroad and have a vacation.

Napatingin ako sa labas at nakitang palabas na si Alexavia sa pulang sedan nya. She looks excited and relieved to see me. It didn't take long for her to get inside the store at agad nya akong niyakap ng mahigpit.

"Skyla," I closed my eyes for a moment and hugged her back. "Where were you?! Halos libutin ko ang buong city noong bigla ka nalang umalis." Kumalas sya ng yakap sa akin.

"I'm sorry, Alexavia. I didn't mean to worry you. Hindi ko lang talaga makapaniwala sa mga sinabi ni Uncle noong gabing iyon." I replied, at the mention of my Uncle, Alexavia's face turned sour.

"Your Uncle is crazy, and Anthony is crazier. Who the hell marries someone you treat like a sister?!" She shouted, annoyance on her face.

Napatingin ang ilang customers ng store sa amin kaya hinila ko sya palabas, "Let's talk inside your car."

'It's safer inside her car anyway. You never know who is listening.' I thought.

"Did you bring my stuff, Alex?" I asked when I opened the passenger seat of her car.

"Yeah, they're inside. Your phone and wallet." She replied, her car is tinted, which is excellent, at least makakapag-usap kaming dalawa at malayo sa mga mapanuring mata nang kung sino man.

She grabbed my stuff at the back and gave it to me. I still have my wallet, may konti din akong savings, which will help me for now. "You're not going back to your Uncle's house, right?" tanong nya sa akin.

"No! Kung babalik ako don baka hindi na ako makalabas ulit." I replied, napakamot ako sa noo ko. "I don't have anywhere to go. Nakituloy muna ako kina Jake." Dagdag ko pa.

"You can stay with me. I'm sure my parents won't mind, Skyla." I looked at her, yeah, I could do that pero I will be putting her on danger and her family. I can't risk it.