21

J U P I T E R

I walked out of the room silently with my eyes cast on the floor and my hands clasped behind my back. My body tingled with nervousness when I saw the figure moving around in the kitchen without noticing my presence.

The air was suddenly filled with the mouth watering aroma of a promising breakfast and my stomach rumbled, reminding me it's being ages since the last time I ate something. I stopped in front of the counter watching Eric as he flip the egg, still completely oblivious of my presence. I didn't blame him though because I was barefoot and made no sound when I came out.

My eyes were suddenly glued to his back as his muscles flexed beneath the tight shirt. I find myself wondering what it would be like to run my hands down his hard body just like old times. The last time that happened was eight years ago, when we were still together. Even as a teenager, he was built and I enjoyed cuddling him. I was allowed to hold and kiss him when I want and to sleep in his welcoming arms because he was all mine.

Something settled in my chest at the thought that I'd never be able to do that to him. He wasn't mine anymore and I will never be able to do all the things I did to him in the past. He belongs to Amy and only she has the privilege to.

Just when I got lost in my thoughts, Eric spun around faster than I could pull my eyes away from his back and my heart dropped when our eyes locked. I blushed when a smirk slowly crept up his face at the realization that he caught me checking him out. It was really embarrassing and I wished for nothing but the ground to open up and bury me.

Breaking the gaze, I planted my hands flat on the counter and lean my body against it. I bit the inside of my cheek, staring at anywhere but him under his heated gaze. The intensity was too much I felt the weakness in my knees, my legs barely supporting me.

"Hey" He whispered when I said nothing. I blinked my eyes a couple of times to unfreeze my state.

"Hi" I responded when he turned back only to grab a plate and placed it in front of me. Two fried eggs, bacon and a sandwich. The perfect breakfast for me. I licked my lips unconsciously as I stared hungrily at it.

"Have breakfast, you need it. I'm not really the best but I'm trying." He said and I murmured back a thank you before sitting and beginning to devour it. "I see you're really hungry. Guess you haven't changed after all."

I chuckled but said nothing. He stood there, watching me eat like my life depend on the food. It was like he was assessing me, trying to figure out what to say to me. I forced myself to act like I was too focused on my food to notice when in reality, my insides are battling with nervousness.

"How are you coping with the headache? I see you've showered and I think it will help reduce the gloominess" He spoke softly as he point his finger at my damp hair sticking to my skin like a glue.

I raised my head and locked eyes with him, sending him a kind smile. "More like how's the after party but yeah, I feel better. Thanks for the aspirin, it really did help."

He took a seat opposite me and I had this gut feeling excuse myself and run back to my room. Doesn't he know just how intimidating he is?

"Daisy was in a bad mood when she left. Hope everything is well." He said suspiciously as he narrowed his eyes at me.

My heart picked up a faster pace and for a second, I stared at him blankly, trying to come up with a lie. I wasn't ready to talk to him about the truth, about what happened that night. I know it makes me sound like a coward but it doesn't really matters. We aren't together anymore and the past better stays in the past.