15

E R I C

Amy took my hand into hers as we began trekking down the narrow track of the driveway.

The one story building stood proud before us, the homely brown roofs and silver grey blending perfectly.

This was going to be our home, we're going to move here once we tie the knot and fill it with our love. This was going to be where all the laughter will happen and where we get to spend the rest of our lives loving each other.

Amy had always being obsessed with the little house. Her father actually owned it but gave it us as a wedding gift. I liked the house, it was quite alright. It was average and designed nothing out of the ordinary.

After three months of renovation, it was finally finished and ready for us to move in. Our families had already visited and it was our turn to check it out.

All our things have being moved in and everything looked magnificent. I have a small office where I can work from home and at least three other bedrooms, two for our offsprings possibly and the last one for the guest.

"Time's running really fast. It feels like it's only being yesterday since we started dating." Amy said as she walked around the supposed main living room.

I stood before the fireplace, staring at the top of it, wondering whether this was the place we are going decorate with our pictures. It was usually what I see wherever I go and thought it would be great if we have one too.

A pair of thin hands slid around my waist from the behind and a body was pressed against my back, igniting warmth between us.

"We're soon going to get our happily ever after." Amy whispered seductively.

I slowly turned in her arms and her hands lowered around my waist. Cupping her cheeks in my hands, I pecked her on the forehead and she smiled. "It's always what you wanted."

Her finger slowly traced the stubble on my face. "I've being chasing after you for a very long time. I never thought the moment will come when we'll fell in love and get married."

"And have children." I added.

Something flashed in her eyes and her smile dropped but she concealed it by shaking it off. I couldn't pinpoint what it was but I know it has something to do with what I said.

"That comes later. For now, we'll concentrate on our honeymoon that will take forever." I simpered but said nothing in return.

Her eyes scanned the room, "You're going to take me on every single surface of the house so when we look at them, we remember our good times."

I snickered mischievously, "you're such a naughty girl."

"Only for you. I'm glad to be the first girl you fell in love with. All those girls you slept with are no more than just flings, right?" She released me and stared right into my eyes, patiently waiting for a response.

No.

"Of course."

She exhaled sharply, her eyes still not leaving mine. It was like she wasn't really satisfied with my reply but at the same time, forcing herself to not ask any further question. "I'm glad."

If only you know, my love, if only you know.

***

I immediately became a fan of the new nightclub. There wasn't the stereotypical wild party where stupid, horny teenagers can't keep their hands to themselves and the familiar gagging smell of alcohol.