09

J U P I T E R

"I'm still dumbfounded, trying to process what just happened! I can't believe you're standing right in front of me, Jupiter. Look at you, girl." Maya slowly nodded her head with eyes the size of saucers as I giggled shyly at the compliment.

I can hardly believe the girl that looked much younger than her age with the body of a goddess had the audacity to compliment my matured looks.

Our friendship was the soft colours of nature, one that will last a lifetime. It cradled my soul and kept me warm in the depths over the past years. I don't regret ever getting my paths crossed with theirs. In the rapture of their cordial presence and comradeship, I was always free. Free from my personal issues and trauma.

I can vividly remember the times we spent together. Whether it was after school or during the break time, it was always filled with joy and gratitude, and was a divine pleasure. They made me happy and filled my life with adventures and beautiful memories. I appreciated Daisy and Eric because it was through them I joined the group. For this reason, Eric will forever hold a special place in my heart.

My former friends laughed and I took my time to inspect their new looks. There appearances made me feel out of place with the girls looking like balls of spitfires and the guys transformed into polite gentlemen unlike seven years ago when they were rough around the edges. "Not bad yourself. Can't compare myself with you."

"I can't believe it's being like, seven years. I'm still trying to come to terms with the events happening all of a sudden. Jupiter returned, Hazel turned seven, I got promoted. Man, time's speeding real quick." Daisy said from beside me. The buzzing of the crowd filled my ears as I smiled, enjoying the beautiful moment.

"Seven years since I met you and you became a part of me, the love of my life." I peeked from the corner of my eyes and saw Zack staring affectionately at Daisy.

His hand was casually draping around her shoulder as she brushed back a lock of hair behind her ear to hide her flushed cheeks. I felt a tumble of emotions inside me and mentally scolded myself for being a little envious of my best friend.

Apparently, Zack has being chasing after her for seven years to no avail. I figured out Daisy was still traumatised by what happened between them and didn't want hurt Zack by forcing him into an uncomfortable position yet again.

Daisy can be as stubborn as a mule but she was worth the chase. I didn't want to interfere in their relationship but I wished I had someone as good as Zack. Someone who would treat me like a treasure and look at me with adoring, sparkling eyes.

"Yep, seven years since we became good friends." Daisy said instead, glancing at Zack with a perfectly arched eyebrow. Zack smiled mischievously but said nothing.

"But seriously Jupiter, we're grateful to see you again. It's being a very long time and we're glad you reached out to us." Shawn slightly bobbed his head and grinned at me. My heart melted and I returned the smile.

"Hey guys!"

Time stopped and I froze when I heard the feminine voice from behind me. My heart picked up a pace and I sent a silent prayer to the creator above to not be the person I thought it was. Let it just be another person with a resembling voice because I can't deal with this at the moment.