12. The Obstacle Course

-Y/n's POV-

It was the morning of the sports festival. I woke up in my apartment, much to the behest of Mrs. Midoriya, I spent the last few days alone and training by myself. I just really didn't feel like talking to anyone. Izuku tried his best to lighten my mood, but he didn't push it because he knew the reason behind it. I got out of bed and put on the best face I could before getting ready. As I was getting all of my things together and watering my plants my phone went off. It was wishes of good luck from my aunt and other things.

I stepped out and walked over to meet Izuku at his door. It opened as I walked up and soon I was showered with Mrs. Midoriya's wishes of good luck as well. We walked to the station in relative silence because I didn't feel like talking and Izuku didn't know what to talk about.

When we got to UA all I could see were the huge crowds and smoke fireworks. We had to enter the school through a side entrance because the front was hounded by reporters and spectators for the festival.

We were ushered into a waiting room after we changed into our PE uniforms. Everyone was talking probably to calm their nerves. I wasn't in Izuku's shoes, I didn't really need to advertise myself for the pros. Primarily because of my aunt I was guaranteed at least a few offers, but if I'm going to be a pro I need to show the world who I am. I was just leaning against the wall by the door with my arms crossed, just lost in thought. Jiro was chatting away with Yaoyorozu when she noticed me. She came up and waved a hand in front of my face getting my attention.

Jiro: "Too nervous to chat, huh?" she said leaning against the wall next to me.

Y/n: "*sigh* No, just got a lot on my mind right now." I said absentmindedly as I pulled out some gum and put a piece in my mouth before offering her some. She looked like she wanted to to push the subject further, but Iida came in before she could.

Iida: "Everyone be ready! We will be entering soon!" He yelled, getting everyone's attention. As we were all getting ready to go Todoroki walked up to Izuku,

Todoroki: "Midoriya."

Midoriya: "...Todoroki? What is it?" he asked, trying not to let his nervousness show and failing. The whole class stopped to listen to their conversation.

Todoroki: "Looking at things objectively, I think I'm stronger than you." he said plainly. "But...All Might has his eye on you, doesn't he?" he asked, making Izuku and I jump slightly. "I'm not trying to pry about that. But I'm going to beat you." he stated, making Izuku's eyes go wide.

Kaminari: "Oh? Is this the best in the class making a declaration of war?" he asked, trying to break the tension. Kirishima got up to diffuse the situation, but I was in the middle of it before he was.

Y/n: "That's a little uncalled for right now, isn't it?" I asked, putting a hand on Todoroki's shoulder. I put a little bit of pressure behind to drive my point home to him.

Todoroki: "We're not here to make friends." he said shaking my hand off and walking away. "So what does it matter."

Y/n: "It doesn't matter." I said, making him stop. "Well.. you don't at least." after I said that he turned gave me a glare, one I was happy to repay. "You can go brood and gripe all you want, just don't try to take other people down into your little game of pride..." I said to him.

Midoriya: "Todoroki, I don't know what you're thinking when you say you'll beat me, but of course you're better than me." he said as all eyes went to him. "I think you're more capable than most people...Looking at it objectively."

Kirishima: "Midoriya, you probably shouldn't talk so negatively..." he tried to go and console him, but I stopped him by putting my arm in front of him and shaking my head.