21. Pick A Name, Any Name

(Just a heads up, I'm no longer comfortable having 21 students in 1-A so with a (not so) heavy heart I am removing Koda. Let's face it folks, he did nothing substantial.)

-Y/n's POV-

The next day I slept in bed all day just like I was going to before and later I got up and joined Izuku and his mom for dinner. Mrs. Midoriya was hounding me because I was looking much happier than I was a few days ago. I thought back and pushed down a blush after thinking about all the effort Mina went through for me and told Mrs. Midoriya I had no idea what she was talking about. I was up a little later than I should have been thinking about what happened before I finally passed out.

The next day we had to go back to school and I was about to call in sick if Izuku didn't let himself in and wake me up. Bastard. It was pouring rain out as we left so I slipped a pullover hoodie on, I hate carrying an umbrella. As we got to the station I saw some highlights from the festival playing on the news screens. One of them was of me whipping around Bakugo after I went Juggernaut on him. I cringed as I saw the slams, I may have gotten carried away.

As we were on the train I was trying not to fall asleep standing up and Izuku was looking at his phone.

"Excuse me...Excuse me." Someone was whispering. "Midoriya from the hero class!" They said a little louder, getting multiple people's attention. Izuku turned to see a guy in a suit give him a thumbs up and praise for his performance at the sports festival. As the other commuters gave their praise, I put up my hood before I was recognized too and turned away. I did not need that kind of attention this early in the morning. As the train stopped Izuku scrambled out of the car, so I slipped out to catch up.

"W-Why didn't you help me back there?!" He stuttered out as he was trying to calm down.

"Too tired..." I groaned out.

"That's not really an excuse...." He said with a sigh. "It's still morning and I'm already tired now from that, too."

"L/n! Midoriya! Good morning!" I heard a familiar call out as they ran up behind us.

"Uugh, speaking of tiring encounters." I said as Iida was jogging in place next to me. He was wearing a bright green poncho and rain boots.

"Why are you two walking so slow, you are going to be late!" He said as he took off again.

"B-But we still have five minutes before the first bell?!" Izuku worriedly asked as he started running with Iida. I definitely wasn't running to them.

"U.A. students should always arrive ten minutes early!" Iida said as they got farther away. Fuck that. I'm not moving any fast then this.

As I finally got to the building I slipped my warm hoodie off and threw it over my shoulder. Iida and Izuku had already gone to the classroom by the time I caught up.

I came into the class through the door towards the back because it's closer to my seat. As I came into the room everyone was talking about being noticed on the street after all of the news stations were playing reels. I heard Sero say something about some elementary schoolers trying to cheer him up and I chuckled to myself as I put my head on my desk. Iida immediately turned to me the second I sat down.

"L/n, do you know how close you are to being late!?" he asked.

"Aizawa isn't here yet, so I'm fine." I grumbled.

"Actually he is." Tokoyami said to my left, as he pointed to the yellow sleeping bag behind the teacher's desk.

"Is he awake?" I asked, peeking up from my desk.