5. Quirk Apprehension Test

All Might: "Welcome Y/n, you made it, you are now part of the hero academia!" he said, staring straight at the camera with his signature smile. "Your father would be very proud of you." he said as the message ended causing the boy to freeze.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The night after they got their acceptance letters All Might reached out to Midoriya telling him to come to the beach that evening and to bring Y/n if he can. Y/n, who was simply going to spend the night with a carton of Rocky Road ice cream and watching internet videos, was glad to get out of the apartment. Before he left his place Y/n threw on his usual casual wear that consisted of a f/c and white two-tone camo pullover hoodie, a pair of cargo shorts, and a pair of f/c canvas hightops.

As they neared the beach they just spent the last ten months cleaning, Midoriya started running excitedly to see All Might again. When they rounded the corner they saw All Might standing at the waterfront in his true form wearing only a white button down shirt that was tucked into a pair of green cargo pants.

Midoriya: "Hi All Might!" he yelled with tears in his eyes as he ran up to the man.

All Might: "Too loud kid!" he was surprised by this reaction and started spitting up blood. There was a couple enjoying the sea on the pier close by that started looking around for said hero not realizing he was right there.

All Might: "Way to go blowing my cover kid, hurry say it was a mistake!" he quietly yelled at Midoriya. Y/n briskly walked up putting an arm around Midoriya's shoulder laughing loudly.

Y/n: "Man, Izuku that's a good one! Why would THE All Might be around this place let alone at this time of night?!" he laughed out pretending it was a joke. As the couple turned back around Y/n dropped the act and gave a quick slap to the back of Midoriya's head. "Smooth moves." he further chastised.

All Might: "Congrats on getting in you two." he said with a smile on his face.

Midoriya: "I couldn't have done it without you!" he exclaimed, not taking the compliment.

All Might: "Just so you know I didn't tell anyone at UA I've been training you boys. I wasn't one of the judges or pulled any strings. You boys did it all on your own." he said dismissing any suspicion of special treatment.

Y/n: *relieved sigh* "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about that." Y/n said running his hand threw his crew cut hair.

Midoriya: "Oh that reminds me. I'm really glad to hear you will be teaching at UA. I Was wondering what brought you here all of a sudden. After all you agency is in Minato, Tokyo where everyone kno-"

All Might: "Getting creepy!" he interrupted Midoriya before he started on one of his tangents. "The school didn't want me telling anyone about the job until they made an official announcement. It was gratuitous timing, an easy way to find someone to inherit One For All." When he said this Midoriya looked down at his hands.

Midoriya: "Your power completely wrecked my body. All I did was jump and throw one punch! I can't control it, what do I do?" he asked his mentor.

Yn: "Granted it was one hell of a punch." he said with a chuckle as he crossed his arm and walked over to a nearby rock taking a seat.

All Might: "You'll learn to handle it in time. Asking you to master it now would be like asking a baby to run a marathon. You're still going through the process of learning how to walk." he said, calming the boy's worries.

Midoriya: "Wait, you knew I was going to get hurt like that?!" he asked, slightly panicking about his teacher's recklessness .

Y/n: "I mean, you have no one to blame but yourself, Izuku. You were in somewhat of a time crunch because of your little stunt of overworking yourself." he said with a dry chuckle.