6. Battle Trails

As I looked closer I saw the last finger Izuku had on the ball glowed with power. He let go of the ball, sending it blasting forward. Everyone was surprised by his new throw, but I had a smile a mile wide.

Midoriya: "Mr. Aizawa, you see I'm still standing!" he said, smiling through the pain of his broken finger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-No One's POV-

As everyone was praising Midoriya for his throw and talking about how powerful his quirk is, Bakugo was in shock at what happened. The kid he's bullied for years for not having a quirk suddenly had one and beat his ball throw distance if only by a small margin. Y/n noticed Bakugou shift from shock to anger and his hands giving off small explosions. Before Y/n could do anything to stop him, Bakugo took off sprinting at Midoriya.

Bakugo: "HEY, DEKU YOU BASTARD TELL ME HOW YOU DID THAT OR YOU'RE DEAD!" he yelled as he ran at Midoriya, who was comically scared from the outburst. Suddenly Aizawa's captured scarf flew in and wrapped around Bakugo's head and chest, effectively restraining him on the spot.

Bakugo: "What...the...hell! Why is your scarf so damn strong?!" he strainly asked, trying to break the cloth.

Aizawa: "Because it's a capture weapon made from carbon fibers and a special metal alloy. Now stand down!" he demanded with a cold glare. "I'd be wise to not make me use my quirk so much, it gives me a serious case of dry eye." he said.

Entire class: "Too bad that power is amazing!" they said in unison.

Aizawa: "You're wasting my time now. Whoever is next step up." he said as he released Bakugo from the scarf and walked off to the side again. As the boys stood there Midoriya side stepped Bakugo and quickly shuffled back to the class leaving Bakugo standing there glaring at the ground. Y/n and gravity girl walked up to Midoriya to check on him.

-Y/n's POV-

Y/n: "You good bud?" I asked, looking at Izuku's broken finger.

Y/n: "If this keeps up at this rate he won't have anything left of his arms within a few months." I worriedly thought.

Gravity girl: "Yeah are you ok?" she asked Izuku, who just had a dumb look on his face as he tried to talk to her again.

After the ball throw there were still a handful of tests left and I noticed Izuku struggling through the pain as he went. Izuku continued to fall behind while I was almost leading the pack in all the physical tests making me regret the promise to not help him. At the end of the last test Izuku let the strain catch up with him and collapsed on the ground looking up. As he tried to catch his breath I leaned over him. He opened his eyes adjusted to see me looking down at him with a sad smile on my face.

Y/n "You look like shit." I said as I leaned down to offer him a hand up.

Midoriya: "Don't remind me." he said as we walked over to the rest of the class to see the results.

Aizawa: "Alright time to give you your results." he said in a not caring tone as he pulled the device out of his pocket. "I've ranked you all from best to worst, you should already have a good idea of your standing if you were paying attention. I'll just show you the list, it's not worth going over each individual score." he said as the device displayed a hologram of a chart with the scores.

Y/n: "How the hell do they pay for this tech?" I thought in my head as I looked at the list. I was pleasantly surprised to find myself in third place. I didn't recognize the two names in front of me, but I did know the name under me and I was happy I beat Bakugo over all. I slowly scanned the list and found Izuku dead last. I glanced over at him to find he looked devastated, probably thinking he was going to be expelled.