18. No-holds-barred

-Y/n's POV-

After I got some minor healing from Recovery Girl, Izuku and I were walking to the upper stands and stopped as we were looking over the match.

"Look, all I'm saying is you should probably call your mom and let her know you're okay." I told Izuku after he told me he didn't even think to call his mom.

"I know I should, but I don't really know what to say..." Izuku said, sounding unsure.

"Just don't say I didn't warn ya. Oh, Bakugo and Kirishima's fight is still going on." I said as I leaned on the railing.

"That means Iida advanced to the next round too. Whoever wins this match is your next opponent." Izuku said, turning to me. "What are you going to do?" he asked.

"If it's Kirishima, then it'll be a battle of stamina like him and Tetsutetsu's match. If it's Bakugo...I'll have to try my best." I answered honestly. "Any legit plan I make ahead of time Bakugo will see through and counter. Unless you have any ideas."

"...What about when you made that different stone against Ashido?" He asked as I could see the gears turn in his head.

"You mean the soapstone? That was a hail mary and I'm not sure how reliably I can do that." I said. "Look, don't worry about it, I'm pretty good at improvising."

"That's not a good thing to rely on instead of a plan, Y/n." Izuku commented to which I just shrugged my shoulders. "Still I wish I could have seen the matches." Izuku bemoaned.

"Iida's match was literally three seconds long and I already told you mine." I said.

As we watched the match Kirishima actually got Bakugo on the defensive because of how well his Hardening can tank Bakugo's explosions.

"Kirishima's quirk is simple, but that's what makes it strong." Izuku started to mutter. Suddenly Iida called out from behind us.

"Midoriya! L/n!" he said walking up. "I see your surgery went well, Midoriya. I'm glad!"

"Yeah, thanks. And congrats on moving on Iida."

"I made it to the semifinals. I'm going to use your fight against Todoroki and learn from it." Iida told Midoriya and then turned to me. "And L/n." he said with a serious tone in his voice. "If we meet as opponents in the finals, I'm sure I don't have to ask you to give it everything you have."

"Heh, you wish I'd hold back." I replied with a smirk.

"Is your big brother, Ingenium, watching, too?" Izuku asked Iida.

"I called him earlier, but he was working." He said. "But I think that was for the best. Now that I've made it this far, I need to be able to tell him I'm number one." Iida said with a smile. "He is a likeable hero who honors the rules and leads people."

As Iida was lost in thought suddenly Present Mic yelled over the speakers.

"Bakugo counters again! What's this? Unlike before, it's working?!"

As I looked to the field Kirishima was actually reeling from a hit to the side and a sizable part of his uniform shirt was charred. After he saw Kirishima was wearing out, Bakugo barraged him with explosion after explosion. Eventually Kirishima couldn't take the assault and Bakugo was deemed the winner. Looks like I'm going head to head with Bakugo.

"With that vicious carpet-bombing, Bakugo advances to the third round! And that completes the final four!" Mic announced, as a graphic of Todoroki, Iida, myself and Bakugo took up the big screen.

"We should probably go to our waiting rooms." I said to Iida as I stood up from the railing.

"Right. We'll be off." Iida said goodbye to Izuku as we walked to our separate rooms.