Chapter 51: The Advantages of Being a Volturi

Chapter 51: The Advantages of Being A Volturi:

As I raced through the woods, my head spun faster and faster. I was about to have Edward back. The pain of loosing him was the worst I had ever felt. And this hope….this was the best feeling I had felt in a long, long time

I beat Emmett back by 2.5 seconds. “Carlisle!” I yelled, leaping on him on the front porch. He caught me and hugged me.

“Is it true? Can Aro really do it?”

Carlisle beamed. That was all the answer I needed.

Alice grabbed me out of my father-in-law’s arms and spun me around.

“Jacob took the kids for a hunt to get them out of the house. Aro is waiting for you in the study, along with Charlie, Esme and Rosalie.”

Carlisle led Emmett, Alice, Jasper, and myself upstairs to the study.

Aro was sitting in an armchair, his hands tied to the arms. I almost laughed- like that was going to hold him.

“Bella.” He greeted me with a nod. “Forgive me for not standing to greet you, but, well…” he glanced at his hands.

“Can you really heal Edward?” I asked, scared of his answer. Emmett and Carlisle could assure me all they wanted-I wouldn’t believe it until Aro confirmed it.

“Yes, I can. But I’ll need my hands.” He looked up at Charlie, who rolled his eyes and cut the bindings.

Emmett laid Edward out on the desk, which had been moved to the center of the room.

“Oh, the poor boy….” He looked up at me. “Please believe me, Bella, when I say that I never agreed to or wanted this. When the Volturi were beaten, I accepted it. I was willing to help you and do whatever I could in exchange for my life. Caius would not accept defeat, however….on his behalf, I apologize for what you and your family have been through with Edward’s death.”

“Thank you.” I whispered, not really sure how else to respond. “I hope Caius has enough decency to apologize as well.”

“Bella,” Carlisle said. “Caius is dead. We killed him yesterday.” That simple statement, coming from my father-in-law of all people was shocking, to say the least. I guess he saw it in my face. “I’ll explain it all later.”

“Shall I begin?” Aro asked. I nodded.

Aro placed his hands first on the bullet wound, and a glowing red light surrounded his heart where he had been shot in the back. The bullet pushed out of his skin, and into Aro’s waiting hand. He handed the bullet to me, then placed one hand on Edward’s chest, and the other on his forehead. The same red light spread and danced throughout his entire body. The light flowed through his veins, and coiled around his bones and muscles, shining through his skin and showing everyone his skeletal form. The light flooded his lungs, and expanded them, then contracted, then expanded again. It did this until his lungs were breathing on their own. It tested his muscles, twitching his fingers, toes, arms, and legs. Next it swarmed into his brain, weaving itself tendrils throughout. It pulsed once, twice, three times. Then it zoomed back to the two points of origin and returned back into Aro’s hands. Aro took his hands away, and Edward gasped, opening his eyes.

‘Bella?” He called.

I almost collapsed with relief. “I’m here.” He reached out for me, and I took his hand. “Are you alright?”

“What happened?”

“What’s the last thing you remember?”

“Kissing you.”