Renesme's Dream (aka Life with Renesme) Chapter 6

We all looked up at once. Rene had Renesme in her lap, and a strand oh her hair in her hands.

"Mom! What happened?" I asked rushing to her side much too quickly.

"She...I...Wha-....Huh?"

"Mom," I said, trying to sound calm. This was one of those weird situations, where you can swear you can hear your heart beating in anxiety, then you remember...you don't have a heart.

"Mom, tell me what happened."

"I saw..I saw my face, surrounded in pink and yellow, and I felt...happiness? Love? Contentment? What the hell just happened Bella?" She demanded.

I picked up Renesme and looked her, waiting for her explination.

"I'm sorry, mamma. I didn't mean to, honest! I was playing with her hair and my hand brushed her ear and neck. Am I in trouble?" She finished in a quiet voice.

I sighed. "No, baby, but we need to explain to grandma what just happened. She doesn't know anything, remember?"

She nodded and clung to my neck.

I turned to my mom, who had turned slightly white.

"Bella, what are you talking about? What don't I know about?"

"Mom, there are a lot of things you need to know. But please understand that I wasn't allowed to tell you. But now that Renesme slipped up there, I have to tell you everything."

I sat down on the couch next to her, holding Renesme in my lap.

"First of all, everyone in this room knows what I am about to tell you except you and Phil, so they won't seem surprised at all."

I took a deep breath. This could either be a very good thing, having the truth out in reality, or my mom could hate me forever. Could I live with that knowledge for the rest of my existence?

"First of all, Renesme is our biological daughter, which is why she looks like us. Second, Edward had never worked for the government. We had to tell you that so we could have an excuse not to see you, because it would be dangerous."

"But honey, you're my daughter, why would it be dangerous for me to see you?"

"Because, mom, Edward, Renesme, Alice, none of us can grow old. If you saw us you wouldn't understand, and we'd have to break the law and tell you what we are."

"But you are old! You have gray hair and everything!"

"No mom, it's a wig. I'm going to take it off now, and take off the make up. I'm going to look like I did when I was 18. Please don't be freaked out, ok?"

She sucked in a deep breath and nodded.

I stood and walked to the bathroom with my suitcase, motioning for Edward to follow me.

"Bella, what the heck are you doing?" He demanded when we were alone in the bathroom.

"Edward, Renesme showed her her gift. She has to know something isn't normal, we have to tell her." He thought for a moment, and then nodded.

We changed into out normal clothes and took off the make up and brushed out hair.

"Ok, mom, we're going to come out now, don't have a heart attack, please!" I took a deep breath to relax myself and walked out into the living room.

My mom just stared at me. I knew what she was seeing. The pale skin. The golden eyes, the young me.

"Bella....you're.....oh my god what the hell is going on?!"

"Relax mom, it's ok, really!" I ran to her side, forgetting to run slowly. Oops.

"What? How did you do that?"

"Rene," Edward said from the door way to the hall. He came over and sat behind me.

"Listen, this is going to shock you, and you're not going to believe us, but please hear us out."

She nodded.

"There's no gentle way to say this, so I'm just going to be blunt here. We're vampires."

She was silent and still for a few minutes. We all sat there waiting to see how she and Phil would react.

After 3 minutes, she let out a weak chuckle. "A-are you serious? Or am I having some bizarre, freaky dream?"

"No, we're serious."

"Are you......are you going to bite me?"

"Oh, mom! Don't be silly! We're not like that! We're different. We don't eat humans, just wild animals."

"What about Renesme?"

"She's a half vampire. I had her while I was still human, and died giving birth to her. Edward changed me right after I died. I woke up 3 days later as a vampire."

"So you had no choice in this?" she demanded.

"No, it was all planned. We knew Bella wouldn't live through the delivery, so we had the entire thing planned out and set up to help save her."

I felt something wet hit my arm. I looked down to see my daughter crying silently.

"Renesme?" I asked. She jumped up and ran upstairs.

"I got it, you finish explaining to you mom." Edward said. He ran after her up the stairs.

"So what happened back there with Renesme? What did I see?"

"Some vampires have special powers, Edward can read people's minds, everyone except mine. I'm immune to many of the powers. We call them gifts. Alice's gift is seeing the future."

"And Renesme's gift?"

"She can show people how she feels or what she's thinking. That's what she showed you."

"So...so that was a good thing?"

"Yes!" I smiled. She half smiled back at me. I took that as a sign that she was accepting this.

"Do you have a gift?" she asked me.

"Yes. I can produce a shield that can deflect any powers or gifts thrown at it. And I can expand it a good bit to cover a lot of others, too."

I answered a bunch of other questions, until we looked at the clock and realized it was after 11:00om.

I hugged my mom, who had accepted our realities, and even been intrigued by them and asked a great deal of questions.

I left them all and went upstairs to find my Husband and daughter.