Chapter 2: The Vampire Alternative

Hey all, sorryyyyy this took so long! I'm having a major writer's block for the past couple weeks, so I haven't updated anything lol. Especially this one, since I forgot to write down my plot for it , and well, i kinda..sorta...um, forgot? oops? lol. But yep I just sat down and typed up a filler chapter here, sorry it's soooo short!

I'll give ya more when I think of it haha :P

ENJOYY!! oh, and as always, COMMENT!!! please? thanks!! :D

Chapter 2: The Vampire Alternative

"Bella!"

I closed my eyes. No green. No rich scent of fresh grass. No emotion. No anything. I shut it down for a few seconds.

I guess this is the vampire alternative to fainting.

But a small part of me was still listening.

"Who is this?! Seth, what the he---What?? When? Well that explains why she fainted! NO, I don't know yet, hang on; Edward, is she ok?"

"I don't know. Take Renesme inside while I take care of Bella please, Jacob." His voice was panicky, like Seth's. Although I knew his was out of concern for me.

Hearing his voice like that was hard; I hated to cause him so much distress; part of me wanted to say something, but most of me had shut itself down.

I was reminded of the few days when I changed into my new body; he had been there, next to me, going through hell, and I didn't give him any sign that I was alive. Well, so to speak...

I couldn't do that to him again. I forced my eyes open, and found him a few inches from my face.

I took a deep, slow breath. I may not have needed it, but it's a habit I don't think I will ever really break, as a human it's the natural thing to do to calm yourself down. I guess it carried with me into my new vampire self.

"Bella, what happened?" His voice shook. Understandably, I mean he hasn't seen me injured or clumsy in 50 years, so this probably brought back some unpleasant memories for him.

"Charlie..." I wanted to cry, so, so badly. This was the only thing I did not like about being a vampire; I couldn't cry. I couldn't express my emotion in that way anymore.

"Charlie had a heart attack...he's dying."

He sighed. "What do we do? We can't go back, love, your friends are still alive, if they see you like this...." I knew he was right.

This was something we had never talked about: the death of my mortal friends and family.

"I know..."

I wish I could cry. Damnit.

He saw the expression on my face, and held me closer.

"Edward?" Jacob called from the doorway. "She ok?"

"Yes, come on out."

He came out of the house, holding Renesme close to his chest. She looked scared.

She squirmed out of his hold and ran to me. I held my arms out to her; I needed my daughter right now.

She leaped into my arms, and hugged me tightly. If I wasn't a vampire, she may have strangled me.

She touched my neck, and Charlie's face popped up, along with confusion worry, and fear. His face faded to black.

"I don't know, sweetheart. Maybe."

A tear fell down her cheek.

"Bella, let me-" Jacob started.

"No! For crying out loud, Jacob! I'm her mother! Back off!"

He pursed his lips in frustration, and back up reluctantly.

We were still working on this part; he needed to learn when to back off and let Renesme be with her parents; he needed to learn that its not all about him, basically.

I stood, still holding Renesme.

I had to see my father, even if it meant some risks....

This was yet another of the countless times I was extremely grateful that Edward couldn't read my mind.