Chapter 34: 10 In The Bed...Plus A Few Dozen More...

I had fun writing this one.....you'll see why ;)

Please Comment!

Ch. 34:  10 In The Bed…Plus A Few Dozen More….

We rearranged our seats to make room for the newcomers. Siobhan, Liam, and Maggie were the first to arrive, followed by Amun, Kebi, Benjamin, Tia. The nomads arrived later that afternoon, followed by the Amazons.

When Zafrina walked through the door with the Amazons behind her, Renesme jumped out of my arms and leaped up into Zafrina’s waiting embrace.

“Renesme!” Zafrina boomed in her loud, boisterous voice. “How are you my child?”

Rather than speak her answer, Renesme reached up and touched Zafrina’s cheek, showing her the answer.

Edward sighed. “Renesme, I asked you not to do that.”

“What is she doing? What’s wrong?” I asked.

“She’s showing Zafrina everything all at once, without giving us a chance to explain.”

After another minute, Renesme lowered her hand. Zafrina shook her head to clear it, clearly overwhelmed.

“They are truly serious about killing you all?” She asked, shifting Renesme to her other hip.

I nodded. “More so than ever.” I said as I rose to greet my old friend.

“I was not aware than Renesme could see the future?” She stated as a question.

“Nor were we.  It has not been easy for her.” Edward said compassionately, taking Renesme from Zafrina and hugging her. “However, it has helped us tremendously. We would never have known the Volturi were coming for us had she not seen Max in the first place.”

We spent the rest of the afternoon fixing up the house, while Zafrina played with Renesme. Jacob stayed by Renesme’s side, no matter how many vampires were around.

That night, the American nomads arrived, lead by Peter and Charlotte. Edward gave instructions not to hunt in state, requesting that they travel a good distance to feed. Jacob took Renesme back to Billy’s house for the night, leaving Edward and I all alone.

After so much noise all day, the house seemed eerily silent.

Edward called to me from outside. “Coming!” I said in a normal voice, knowing he could hear me.

I followed his scent across the river, and found him in a small clearing of trees. I gasped as I entered the small space.

He grinned. “I found Esme’s old stash of candles, she didn’t bother taking them with her.” I turned in a circle, taking it all in. There were at least 50 candles lighting up the clearing, all arranged in a circle.

“What’s all this for?” I asked with a smile.

He walked towards me, pulling me into his arms. “This may be our last private night together for awhile….I wanted to make it special.” He whispered. He traced my brow, erasing the frown that has instantly appeared when he mentioned our impending doom. He trailed his finger from my brow, down my jaw line, and finished by placing his hand where my heart was.

“It has always been yours.” I whispered, placing my hand over his. He moved my hand to cover his heart. “As mine has always been yours.”

He placed both hands on my head, leaning our foreheads together. “Tonight is not a goodbye, Bella. It is a celebration. A celebration of our lives so far, and of our love.” He whispered sweetly. I could smell his honey-lilac breath tickling my lips. “And,” he continued. “We will have many more celebrations such as this in the decades to come.”