Renesme's Dream: Chapter 25: A Special Moment

**Ok, this one's a shortie, but its just the way the chapters are broken up. Sorry about that! I hope you enjoy it anyways :)

Chapter 25: A Special Moment

**Bella’s POV**

We all sat in the living room, talking. We were trying to come up with a strategy for when Max and Ben arrived, but so far were unsuccessful.

“Has he actually seen Renesmee yet?” Jacob asked.

I shook my head. “We’ve been very careful to keep her hidden from them. Why?”

“Well, I was just thinking….what if seeing her softens him up a bit? You know, to listen to you guys? I mean, everyone loves her the instant they lay eyes on her. Maybe It’ll work on them?”

I thought for a moment. “It’s worth a try. But I don’t want them to see her. If you and she hide in the back room, and stay silent, they might not find you. You could survive, at least.” I choked out the last part.

“Come one Bells, don’t be morbid.” He teased, bumping my knee with his.

“I’m not being morbid, Jacob! I’m worried sick about-“ I snapped.

He cut me off. “Jeez! I know! I was trying to lighten the mood, Bells! Ease up a bit, will you?” He smiled at me.

“Sorry.”

“Bella?” I looked up. My fragile mother stood before me. “Can I speak to you in the kitchen please dear?”

I nodded and handed Renesmee to Jacob, following her into the small kitchen.

“What’s up mom?”

She sighed. “I just….listen, I understand why you and Edward had to hide your true lives from Phil and I. And I know I may not have much time left with you all, even if we all live through this nightmare. But I just wanted to let you know….I’m very proud of you, Bella.” She reached out and held my hand in hers.

Her skin was wrinkly, and spotted. I could see the thin veins running throughout her hands, up through her wrists and into her arms. Her arms, once strong and powerful, were now bony and frail. But still loving as she pulled me into a hug.

“I’m so proud of you. You’ve married a wonderful man, you have a gorgeous daughter, and you have the life you want. Not many girls can say that at the mere age of 18!” She joked. “And I want you to know that I’m happy for you. You have all of eternity to be with your love and your family. I don’t want you to be upset when we old folks die in the next few years. We know it’s coming, believe me. But don’t be sad. I’ve gotten to see my daughter married, and I have a grandchild. My life is complete, dear.” She smiled warmly, touching my cheek.

“Oh, mom…” I whispered, and hugged her again. “Thank you. You have no idea how much I’ve wanted to call you, every day. To tell you about Renesmee and Edward and Jacob and our lives together.”

“Did you take pictures?”

“Oh yeah! Hundreds of Thousands of them!”

“Then you’ll have to show them all to me later on!” She laughed.

It was nice, sharing a mother-daughter moment. Rene wasn’t exactly big on emotional sentiments, so I knew this had been hard for her. Or, maybe she had gotten better at them in the past 50 years. I wouldn’t have any way of knowing, would I?

“Bella!” Alice called. I instantly stiffened, my body reacting defensively at her alarmed tone of voice. Something was wrong.

“Come on mom, let’s go back in.” I said wrapping my arm around her shoulders and walking back to the living room.

“What is it Alice?”

Her face was even paler than usual. “They’re coming. Any minute now.”

I helped Rene sit back down, and joined Edward on the couch. I pulled Renesmee onto my lap, Jacob holding her other hand.

“I love you.” I whispered into her ear.

“I love you too Momma.”

Edward kissed the side of my head. Jacob squeezed my shoulder.

The door flew open, and time froze.

 ***Ok people, that's it for tonight. Sorry about the Cliffy! I do have the next two chapters written, but the're in the editing proccess, plus my writing is starting to get sloppy after 2 and a half hours, so I need a break haha. PLEASE leave me some comments! :D

OH, and before people get on my case, SEEEE? Told ya I had plans for the bullets ;) just kiding with ya, I do appreciate the helpful criticism.

**COMMENT**VOTE**FAN**

Thanks for reading! :)