Chapter 13: I Will Love You Till The World Is Gone

10 minutes earlier… Annaleigh’s P.O.V.

I hate this. Why can’t he just be perfectly fine? Why did this have to happen tonight? I was going to finally tell him the truth. The only thing I can do is sit and wait. I hate this. He can’t see me. He can’t even hear me. Why me, why now?

I rest my head on the side of the bed and started dozing off into LaLa land. I need a break from this. What if he can’t walk? What if he can’t move his arm? What if he dies? This is why I need to sleep.

I don’t know how long I was asleep but it couldn’t be long. I felt a slight and I do mean slight move. I slowly started waking up. That is when I heard it. A moan? A moan, I didn’t moan? Did I? Not trusting my normal voice, I whisper. “Hunter?” I got a moan. What does this mean he is okay? “Nurse, Nurse he is awake!” I yell at the top of my lungs. Then leaning down, I whisper is his ear. “Hunter, I am still here.” He opens his eyes for the first time and I can’t help but smile.

“You don’t know how much I care about you and I will never leave you.” He tries to say but it only comes out a whisper. I can’t take this anymore. I close my eyes and kiss his cheek. I wish I was kissing his lips, but I don’t know if he feels the same way about me. I don’t know what is about to come out of this big mouth, but what does shocks not only Hunter but me too. “I love you so much Hunter Ray Evans!” Well, that is out in the open now. Oh well, there is no way to take it back. There is one thing, I don’t think I never want to take it back.

I was too busy looking at Hunter to notice I was being pushed back. “Ma, you need to move,” a nurse said as she pushed me back. Then another nurse did the same. And so on till I was out the door. I tried to walk back into the room but one of the nurses stopped me and shut the door in my face. I started to walk to the Waiting Room when I heard, “Let her back in this room before I walk out of this place.” I had a feeling it was Hunter but that can’t be right. “Annaleigh, please come back. I need you.” I heard the same voice again, so I decided to go back. “Sir, she can’t be in here right now. I am-,” the Doctor could not get a another word out.

“Either you let her in here and stand beside me or I will walk right out of this hospital.” “Sir you-,” once again cut off. “No, you listen her ‘Sir!’ You let her in this room or you can forget me being one of your patients!” He is yelling at the top of his lungs now. Which that can’t be good. I need to get in there before he hurts his self. Without another thought, I charge through the doors.

“Annaleigh! Oh thank goodness.” I need you in my life. Not just for now but forever. I love you too!” I can’t hold back the tears anymore. They just start pouring down my face. I can hear a few nurses “Awe” in the back but I don’t care. I walk right over to his side and hug him, but without hurting him. I go to get up but before I can, Hunter stops me. “You know what? Forget it. I love you too much not too.” Before I could register what he was talking about, he pulls me down and “Steals” my first kiss! I couldn’t be any happier. I just had my first kiss by someone that has known me their whole life but I have only known him for a few months.

Once again the nurses were in “Awe”. I can’t help myself but laugh at their faces. I look back down at Hunter. “You need to let them check you out. I don’t want anything to be wrong with you.” I tell him and give him a quick kiss before moving over a little.  That was when I noticed he was holding on to my hand. He looked up at me and I could see the worry in his eyes. “Please don’t leave me.” I gave his hand a little squeeze, “I will never leave you.” The worry in his eyes turned to love.

“Mr. Evans, you have been in a serious accident. Do you remember anything from before, during, or after?” I looked back at Hunter. He looked up at me, “Well, I might sound really crazy but I can remember up to when everyone was around me at the rodeo. After that I was having flashbacks, but then I was seeing everything happening around me. The surgery, you talking to her” he pointed to the nurse that came and told me about everything. “I could see and hear her talking about me to Annaleigh. I can remember all of that.” He looks at me again, “I can remember what you were saying a few minutes ago.”