Chapter 16: Slowly Finding Out

Once we were in the car, I finally came back to reality.

"Hey Hunter, where in the hay are we going?" I asked as we got on the interstate.

He looked over at me and smirked. "You will love it." That is all he said before he turned on the radio. 'Drunk on you' by Luke Bryan was playing so I just started singing alone.

Each song that came on, I sung. I love singing. It helps pass time. It also helps me gety mind off things.

"We're here," Hunter jumped out of the truck and got something out of the back seat.

I came back to reality for the second time tonight. What is wrong me today? I can't keep doing this.

I got out of the truck to find Hunter with a small bag in his hand. He began walking over to a hotel door. "What are we doing at a hotel?" I asked.

Well it is 8pm and I don't think I can drive much more tonight. So we are going to crash here and then go tomorrow morning."

"I need one room for a night please," Hunter asked. The woman handed him a key as Hunter gave her the money.

"Come on. I am tired" he grabbed my hand and this time I wasn't in my thoughts. I could feel the wave of electricity run through my hand.

We got to the room and I crashed onto the bed.

"Here go change and then we can go to bed. I need to make some phone calls so I will be back." Hunter handed me some shorts and a tank top and walked out of the room.

I stripped out of my jeans and tee-shirt and put the others on. I was still confused to why I can't know. What is this all about. I am the only one that doesn't know and that makes me a little worried. Don't get me wrong, I love surprises but I don't like how this one is going.

Once I was changed, I hopped into bed. I was half asleep when Hunter came back into the room. He think he thought I was asleep because he changed in the room instead of going to the bathroom. Once he was done he got into bed. I turned around to look at him.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up." He wrapped his arms around me and that is when I noticed he was shirtless.

"Its fine. Like you said, you didn't mean to." I replied. He kissed my forehead and said, "go back to sleep. I am here if you have a nightmare."

I dozed off again but before I was completely out I heard Hunter whisper, "goodnight beautiful. I love you." He then kissed my forehead again. I cuddled up more to him and fell asleep.

The next morning, I woke up with the urge to pee. I tried to move but something was holding me down. I looked down to see Hunter's arm wrapped around my waist. I tried to move it but he would not let go. That is when I noticed something. I turned my head to see him looking at me.

"Hunter, please let me go!" I said, still trying to get his arm off me.

"Why should I? You are…" before he could finish I cut him off. "Because I have to use the bathroom!" I finally got his arm of me and ran to the bathroom.

The next thing I know, the door comes flying open. "Hunter, you are so going to die! Shut the door!"

"Woah woah, I am just bringing you some clothes. I promise I didn't and don't see anything!" With that, he shut the door and let me have my privacy.

I changed my clothes and brushed my teeth and hair. Today is Saturday and we have school on Monday. I really don't want to go back. I have been having fun taking care of the girls and spending time with Hunter. I really don't want to go be stuck in a class full of people who hate me.

I came out of the bathroom ready to do whatever Hunter has planned. He had already put the bag back in the truck and was ready to go. We walked out of the hotel to the truck. With that, we were on the road again.

A few hours later we pulled up to a track. I had no clue what we were doing but I was ready.

I looked over at Hunter and saw an envelope in his hands. "I told you that I had a surprise for you on your birthday. I never got the chance to do it so I am gonna do it now. This envelope has a clue in it. There are ten envelopes that you have to find. Each one leads you closer to your surprise." He handed me the envelope and we got out of the truck. "Oh and they don't rhyme at all. I'm not very good at that stuff." I nodded in response.

I opened the envelope and read…