An Old Gift

Just to keep you all inform. I'm so sorry about long distance between my update before my last update. I had a lot going on. Then I got really sick, and we were scared it was Covid at my house. And it was really hard to write. Than I had to catch up on school work. But we good now im back and Aurora is ready to continue telling her tale. I'm going to try to quickly get through season one, so we can get some Iroh in here. And so her story can develop. I make this poster today. For a new cover. What do you guys think. Personally I think I did a much better job with her hair. and like making it look more natural. If anyone wants to do art work for me please do. Because I know some of the people on this site are insanely talented and could create a much better cover. But I think I did better than before. SO Improvement. ANYWAYS. Enjoy the chapter.

-

-

-

Aurora is sitting next to Korra with her eyes closed listening to her father speak,

"We are grateful for this delicious food, for happiness, for compassion, and--"

A familiar voice interrupts Tenzin, "I'm not interrupting, am I?"

Surprised looks on the entire family's faces as councilman Tarrlok enters their dining room. Aurora glaces at her dad seeing irritation grow on her father's face, and she watches as he stands up,

"This is my home, Tarrlok. We're about to eat dinner."

Tarrlok smirks and begins to walk over to Korra's side in between me and her. "Good because I am absolutely famished. Airbenders never turn away a hungry guest, am I right?"

Tenzin sighs, "I suppose."

Tenzin sits back down. Pema frowns at him and Tenzin shrugs in response. And Aurora glances at the councilman looking at her father.

Tarrlok finally squeezes himself between me and Korra and Korra readjust herself to make room for him and Tarrlok smiles sitting next to her,

"Ahh, you must be the famous Avatar Korra. It is truly an honor. I am Councilman Tarrlok, representative from the Northern Water Tribe."

Korra nods and bows slightly, "Nice to meet you."

Korra sits back down and Tarrlok sits down next to Korra. Ikki scoots closer to Aurora and puts her elbows on the table in front of Aurora in order to talk to Tarrlok.

"Why do you have three pony-tails?" She then continues to sniff him, "And how come you smell like a lady? You're weird."

Aurora pulls Ikki down, "Ikki! You can't just ask people why they smell like ladies ."

Ikki sits back, and Tarrlok is taken back by Ikki's free nature,

"Well aren't you... precocious. So, I've been reading all about your adventures in the papers. Infiltrating Amon's rally, now that took some real initiative."

Korra puts her hand on her neck, "Oh, thanks. I think you're the first authority figure in the city who's happy I'm here."

Tarrlok begins to butter up Korra, "Republic City is much better off now that you've arrived."

Tenzin puts his chopsticks down, "Enough with the flattering, Tarrlok. What do you want from Korra?"

Tarrlok smirks over at Tenzin, "Patience, Tenzin. I'm getting to that. As you may have heard, I am assembling a task force that will strike at the heart of the revolution and I want you to join me."

Korra turns to face Tarrlok, "Really?"

"I need someone who will help me attack Amon directly, someone who is fearless in the face of danger, and that someone is you." Tarrlok responds.