The Salamander

"-and in the final round, the Buzzard Wasps won with a decisive knockout." Aurora rolls into the room seeing Korra read out the pro-bending column of the newspaper to Tenzin. Putting the paper down she points over at Aurora.

"What do you say the three of us go down to the arena tonight, and catch a few pro-bending matches?"

Aurora looks down, while her father crosses his arms, "That sport is a mockery of the noble tradition of bending."

Korra pokes him with her elbow, "Come on Tenzin. I've dreamed about seeing a pro-bending match since I was a kid, and now I'm just a ferry ride away from the arena."

"How do you even know about pro-bending?" Tenzin ask with curiosity on his face.

Aurora who was behind him and out of his site starts signalling to Korra to not reveal anything or tell Tenzin that she was the one who would bring the radio into the camp when they would visit to mail Korra about the events.

"Aurora told me about it."

Aurora sinks her head into her hands and turns bright pink, as her father whose face was also flustered, "AURORA HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT PRO-BENDING IS NOT ALLOWED ON THIS TEMPLE."

"Technically I was on south pole territory." Aurora says jokingly, still with her red face.

Tenzin just turns bright red with rage and is about to yell some more, but Aurora changes the subject, "So about training Korra."

"This conversation is not over young lady, Korra, you're not here to watch that drivel, you're here to finish your Avatar training. So for the time being I want you to remain on the island."

Korra slumped, leaning her head on her hand with a dejected expression, "Is that why you're keeping the White Lotus sentries around, to watch my every move?"

One White Lotus sentry standing guard at a door in the background, while two more flank the camera's view in the foreground. "Yes. In order to learn Airbending I believe you require a calm, quiet environment, free from any distractions."

"Alright, you're the master."

Korra turns around to look out of the window, a reluctant look on her face. Her gaze focused on the, zooming in on the standout edifice of the pro-bending Arena,

The ferry boat pulled up to the dock of Republic city and Aurora wheeled herself off it and waved to the captain, to thank him, and she began to journey into the streets. She quickly worked her way around people and apologized to an only man about running over her feet. She had no idea what was driving her, but she felt like she knew where she was going. Even though everything was so unfamiliar, it gave her a weird sense of Deja Vu. She was knocked out of thought by running into something hard.

It felt like a statute, opening her eyes. She was not shocked to see she literally rammed into a huge statue. It was of a woman who stood up tall, she noticed the fire nation attire and the big curly hair she had. She backed herself up and wheeled over to the information part and the painting was of a beautiful woman, who had olive skin, and big curly red hair. The name of the woman was Lady Niremaan of the fire nation, her nickname was the Salamander.

"The Salamander?"

"Yes, Lady Niremaan was daughter of one of the great leaders of the white lotus, a great swordsman from about 50 something years ago, she was said to have a unique ability to absorb fire and store it and use it as fuel in her own fights. She was a fierce warrior, the best even. Some even say she was a protector of a secret society of firewalkers, spiritual beings who grazed the earth who controlled its core. She was their essence, but that story was never really clear. Most notably, she was known for helping Avatar Aang fight the Fire Lord, and she even married the next Fire Lord,  Fire Lord Zuko."