three.

The One with the
Butler.

❄️❄️❄️❄️

Alaska awakes at six thirty in the morning, after harshly grabbing her phone to turn off her alarm and throwing it across the room (which thankfully lands on a pile of clothes that are scattered on the floor) she realized that it was Monday, January Twelfth and today was the day that she starts her senior year at a totally new school in a totally new state.

With being a new student, you are faced with the crude comments your classmates are going to say about you, and any other person would be nervous as hell to be the new student, but not Alaska. In fact all of that doesn't faze her.

Alaska Monroe doesn't care for a lot of things, and caring about what people say about her was most definitely at the top of her "guess how many fucks I give" list.

All in all, Alaska doesn't care for anyone's opinion (except for her mother's and surprisingly, her brother's), therefore she really could care less about what some ignorant teenagers have to say about her or her family, which she knew someone was bound to start something about her and Aiden having two moms and the fact that they are adopted. But again, guess how many fucks she gives? None.

"Good morning, mothers, brother. Isn't this a lovely morning!" Alaska excitedly exclaims, her voice dripping with sarcasm as she walks into the kitchen and takes a seat on the circular table.

Though she's ready for the day ahead, she's still more grumpy than ever. All she wants to do is just sleep. Then she reminds herself that this is her last year and she only has five months of school left, and after that she can hibernate for as long as she desires.

"It's so early in the morning, yet your sarcasm game is still so very strong," Ellen compliments her daughter while pouring orange juice into the coffee mugs.

"I don't understand you guys," Aiden starts as he props his elbow on the table and rests his chin on the palms of his hands. "Why are you up so early? If I were you, I'd be deep in dreamland."

Carol rolls her eyes as she flips over the blueberry pancake that's on the skillet. "Because Aiden, what parents would we be if we let our children not have their most important meal of day?"

Alaska looks at her mom in a thoughtful matter, then she cracks a small smile. "This is why you're my favorite."

Ellen gasps from her spot. "I thought it was me!" She puts down the jug of orange juice and crosses her arms across her chest. "You know what, Alaska, get your own juice."

Alaska looks over at Ellen unamused. "As I recall, Mother, the other day you said that Aiden was your favorite. Besides, how old are you mom? Eight?"

"No," Ellen replies. "I'm thirty-eight."

Alaska rolls her eyes and reaches her hand out. "Please hand me my OJ, Mommy."

Ellen looks at Alaska with raised eyebrows, a smile playing at her lips. "Mommy? Wow, you hadn't called me that since your were nine." Ellen smiles as she reminisces the good 'ol days where both Alaska and Aiden were these young, hyper kids that all they ever wanted to do was go to the park and go through the monkey bars. Now they're both seventeen years old and on their last year of High School and to say that Ellen is getting emotional was an understatement.

Alaska has always been her little girl. She's the one that Alaska usually goes to whenever she needs to vent. And now in just a few months she's going to graduate High School, turn eighteen and then move out. Though that last thought almost made Ellen laugh, knowing Alaska, she won't be leaving the house any time soon. The girl will totally die if she was to live alone.