ten.

The One With the
Midnight Tattoos.

❄️❄️❄️❄

"I've got this checklist, uh, bucket list thing that I'd like to do before I turn twenty-one," Freya says as she stops walking, pulls out a crumbled piece of paper from her jacket and then sits down on the curb.

"You carry it everywhere you go?" Alaska questions, sitting down next to her and placing the can of Coca-Cola on the ground.

"Yeah," Freya replies, glancing over at Alaska. "You never know when you're faced with the sudden opportunity to do one of them and check it off your list. Just like right now." She smiles as she looks back at the three boys that are leaning against the fence, mindlessly bickering while chugging down their beers.

It's eleven forty-two and the five teenagers are aimlessly wondering the streets of New York, in search of something exciting to do (after Alaska, Aiden, Justin, and Chaz called their parents of course, except for Freya). So far all they've done is beg a lady to buy them some beer, and the lady happily complied after they each paid her ten dollars.

"How many have you done?" Chaz sits down on the other side of Freya, placing his beer on the ground beside him and taking the crumbled piece of paper away from Freya's hands. "Hmm, number one, 'Go skinny dipping in broad daylight at a public pool.'." He looks over at Freya, one eyebrow up and a smirk plastered on his face. "Have you done number one already?"

"Do you not see the check mark next to it?" Freya laughs rolling her eyes.

Chaz brings the paper up closer to his face as he squints down at it, trying to get a better lighting from the lamp post that's a couple feet away from them. "Oh, well then, in that case." He pauses, trailing his eyes down the paper until it finally stops on a certain number and the words scribbled next to it. "How about number sixteen? 'Get a tattoo'," he reads, grinning widely as he looks over at the others.

"Oh hell yeah, let's do that!" Aiden excitedly says, sitting down beside Chaz, chugging down the rest of his beer and then throwing it into the empty street, the bottle rolling away until it fell into a storm drain.

Alaska laughs, "Oh silly, Aiden. You're scare to get your shots, what makes you think that you'll be able to handle getting a tattoo?"

"Screw you, Al."

"So tattoos or no tattoos?" Chaz asks, getting impatient. He was tried of just walking around, getting drunk (he's such a lightweight that just four beers get him a little too tipsy) and doing absolutely nothing.

"Yes tattoos!" Alaska exclaims, throwing her hands in the air as she stands up. "Now come on!"

"Wait," Freya says, standing up as well, Chaz and Aiden doing the same thing. "It's basically illegal for minors to get tatted here in N.Y."

"Fuck," Chaz grumbles, running his hand through his hair. "Wait, but you have some tatts though."

"Yeah," Freya says, taking her list from Chaz and shoving it back in her jacket. "But I got them in Vegas with my mom."

"Justin, you got some tatts," Chaz says, glancing back at Justin who's leaning against the fence, taking sips of his beer while scrolling down his phone.

"Yeah, so?" Justin shrugs, shoving his phone in his front pocket and walking over to the others.

"Where did you get your tatts?"

"Vegas, with my dad."

"You've got to be kidding me," Alaska groans. "I finally wanted to get my first tattoo. I want to feel like a strong, powerful woman!"