seven.

The One with the
60's Themed Diner.

❄️❄️❄️❄️

She expected to wake up with her head nuzzled in his neck and his arms wrapped protectively around her. She expected to open her eyes and see his face just inches from hers.

But not everything turns out to be the way you expect them to happen, for she woke up alone. The space beside her that was once occupied is now empty. The warmth she once felt when their bodies were pressed together is long gone.

What did she expect, to wake up in his arms and their legs still intertwined? Pathetic. Pathetic is what she feels because that's exactly what she was expecting. She isn't sure how to feel about this situation. She's sort of sad yes, but then again she has no reason to feel this way. She met the guy yesterday and what happened last night was just in the mist of the moment. It meant nothing and she came to a conclusion that she's perfectly fine with that.

As she lays in her bed, just staring at the ceiling she notices something is off. There's no noise, just silence. That's unusual since her moms and brother are always up before she is. Then she remembers that her moms spend the night at a motel and are most likely not back yet, and as for Aiden, he's either still asleep or he's in the kitchen quietly eating.

She turns her head to the side and looks at the electronic alarm clock that's sitting on her bedside table. 01:07pm.

She's not surprised, for this is the normal time she always wakes up (expect on school days, of course). After a minute of pondering on wether to finally get up or go back to sleep, she decides to get up and do something productive for the day. In this case the 'something productive' is showering and changing into another pair of sweats and a T-shirt.

After finishing up with the most productive thing she'll probably do this whole day, she walks down the stairs and goes straight to the kitchen. And as she presumed, Aiden is sitting down on the circular table while shoving spoonfuls of Cocoa Puffs in his mouth.

"Brother," she greets, walking to the fridge and taking out the gallon of milk, then she grabs a plate and spoon from the cabinets along with her cereal: Cap'n Crunch's Peanut Butter Crunch.

"Sister," he mutters through his cereal-filled mouth.

"The guys left already?" she casually asks, pouring the cereal and milk into the bowl.

"Yeah, something about finding some dude named Johnson."

Alaska's mouth shapes into an "O", recalling what Chaz told her last night about Johnson---Justin's snake---and how they were going to use him to 'prank' her, though she is one hundred percent sure that their intentions were to kill her. "I hope Johnson has frozen to death," she murmurs, joining Aiden at the circular table.

Aiden looks at her with a confused look. "Care to elaborate?"

"Johnson is Justin's snake." Aiden nods, gesturing her to proceed. "And they were planning on pranking me with it, that's why they snuck in my room, but obviously they're idiots so their plan didn't work out."

Aiden laughs. "What happened?"

"Well," Alaska starts, scooping up a spoonful of cereal and shoving it in her mouth. "Ryan being the clumsy idiot that he is, dropped Johnson while trying to cross from Justin's room into mine," she says, covering her mouth with her hand as she speaks.

"Seriously?" Aiden laughs, coughing slightly due to almost choking on his cereal.

"Yeah, but I'm glad that snake fell!"