fourteen.

The One With
the Costumes.

❄️❄️❄️❄️ 

Justin and Alaska are sitting in the back of the officer's car with their hands folded on top of their laps and their eyes fixated on the floor. Turns out that the officer works with Ellen and they're very close friends, so instead of taking them to the station the officer decided to drop them off home instead.

Justin and Alaska weren't gonna front and act as though their heart wasn't beating so hard it could burst out of their chests any second now. Mainly Alaska, she was ready to burst out in tears. Her mom is a cop and she's scared that as a punishment her mom was going to have her spend the night in jail.

Justin on the other hand, he was a bit worried but not too much. His mom is out of town and his dad is miles away, besides this isn't the first time he's been in the back of a police car.

"Alaska, how do you think your mom will react when I knock on the door and tell her that I found her seventeen-year-old daughter in a park making out with a boy at three in the damn morning?"

"Awe shit," Alaska groans, throwing her head back against the headrest.

Justin didn't know what to do, should he tell her it was going to be okay? That's a lie, they're fucked. As cool as Ellen and Carol are, they are most definitely not going to be cool with this. What parent would?

"It's gonna be okay, Al, don't worry," he lies, placing his hand on her thigh and gives it a sympathetic rub.

Alaska pushes Justin's hand off and leans over whispering in his ear, "We are going to deny everything!"

Justin was about to respond with how stupid that was but a loud laugh cut him off before he could even opened his mouth. "Try to deny it, kid. I dare you." The woman laughs, looking at Alaska through the rearview mirror.

"Listen here, lady!" Alaska snaps, leaning forward in her seat and her index finger pointing at the lady through the mirror, "You don't fu—"

The lady raises her hand, cutting Alaska off she says, "Before you finish that sentence, young lady, I would just like to remind you that I am a police officer and instead of taking you back to your house I could take you to the station. How does that sound?"

Alaska slouches back in her seat with her arms crossed and murmurs, "Being behind bars is what will protect me from my moms rage."

"Calm down, Alaska, you're overrating," Justin says, looking out his side of the window and rolling his eyes.

Alaska scoffs, "Easy for you to say, Justin. You're not the one who's gonna get an ass beating!"

"Your moms are too nice to actually do that."

Humorlessly laughing Alaska says, "Ask Aiden what they did to him after they found out he was skipping school just to see some girl who worked at the food court in the mall."

Justin shakes his head and laughs, deciding to not say anything to her because she sure as hell is not going to calm down.

"I hate you, Justin," she says after a few minutes of silence, "If you hadn't convinced me to sneak out we wouldn't be in this predicament! I would be in bed with Fluffly dreaming about fucking Drake or—or Slim Jesus!"

"Slim Jesus?" Justin looks over at her with a scrunched up face, "Seriously?"

"No!" she groans, throwing her head back again, "I was just trying to make a point, Justin."