007

2 months later

Mattia laid on his hospital bed, Kairi sat in a chair next to him, holding his hand. Kairi had gotten better. He went to therapy and he's been happier. His father lost all custody of him. And he's talked to his mom a few times. She's planning to visit him soon.

Almost everything was perfect, except.. Mattia wasn't here to witness him become better. Mattia was stuck in a coma, all by himself. No clue what to do. And it pained Kairi to know this. Why his gentle Mattia..

Suddenly he felt Mattia squeeze his hand, his heart jumped with joy as he called out for Doctors. They came in and told Kairi to leave for a minute. Kairi called Mattia's mother and father and informed him that Mattia had showed improvement. And soon they all walked into the room to see a smiling Mattia, sat up drinking juice.

He turned "Hey baby" Mattia's mother said rushing over to her son "Mama, Papa.." he said hugging them. Kairi smiled "Hi tia" he said waving, Mattia looked up and his eyes scanned the boy. His face turned from cheerful to confused "Hello.. uhhh" he said trying to remember who the boy was "I'm sorry, but who are you" asked Mattia.

Kairi felt his whole world come crashing down "I uh, I've gotta go" Kairi said running out of the room. Just as he thought everything had gotten better. That his life was finally going to be normal. Something of course ruins it. He ran out of the hospital, tears running down his face.

HIS Mattia had forgotten him. Kairi felt his heart shatter. He sat by the bridge sobbing into his hands. He wished that his life was perfect, that he never tried to kill himself. Because if he hadn't been so stupid, Mattia wouldn't be here, Mattia wouldn't have lost his memory, and Kairi would've had an almost perfect life.

But in Kairi's life, nothing was perfect. He had waited so long to hear Mattia's voice, but now he treaded it. He treaded thinking of Mattia. Because he knew, that Mattia wasn't thinking of him.

Or so he thought.

But Mattia laid in his hospital bed confused. The boy who had came in, seemed so familiar to him, his soft gentle voice made Mattia's stomach fill with tiny little butterflies. He felt such a strong connection with the boy. He knew he had known the boy, and he was determined to get to know him again, and maybe even remember him.

Mattia had lost 50% of his memory, he didn't remember anything from more than 4 years ago. So he had no idea who Kairi was. But the doctors said that he will slowly gain his memory back, and since Kairi is so recent, he may be one of the last things Mattia rememberers. But as long as the two interact A LOT, and Mattia knows the boy was important in his before life, than the memory of him should come back faster.