001

Kairi stood at the edge of the bridge, the wind blowing through his black fluffy hair. Tears stained his cheeks and his face was redder than a tomato.

It was a cold, December night, when Kairi Cosentino decided to finally end his life, he was sick of feeling alone, feeling all by himself. He was sick of the pain his father caused him, sick of the bruises that marked his body, sick of the negative thoughts that took up his mind, and sick of living in such a cruel world.

Now Kairi wasn't always so angry and sad. He was once a happy boy, running in his backyard with his dog and sister, while his mother sat down eating fruit and his father made steak. But those days ended when his mother snatched his sister and left him all by himself, with the devil. His father. She had tried to contact him, many many times, but his father refused to let her even speak to him once.

It's been 3 years since he said goodbye to her and his sister. 3 years since his father started to beat him, and 3 years since he felt happiness. He's tried to commit 7 times, from cutting his body up, to falling out his two story house window. But no matter what he would do. He never seemed to die. He maybe even thought he was immortal.

But he was so done after what his father had done to him this December night. His father once again hurt him. But worse than anyone could imagine. He had forcefully raped Kairi. And Kairi was so disgusted. He wanted to just crawl out of his own skin, the thought of his filthy father inside of him, made him want to slit his throat open.

Kairi breathed in and gripped the railing before slowly climbing over it holding onto it tightly. Snow fell onto his dark hair. Below was a frozen lake. He would for sure break through the ice and die, maybe of drowning, or maybe of hypothermia. He was only wearing a t shirt and sweats. So to say he was freezing, was an understatement.

He slowly let go "Woah!" He heard fast footsteps run towards him "Hey hey" he heard someone shout but he ignored them as he let go once again and balanced himself on the edge "Hey! Hey, come on kid, don't do this" he heard a soft gentle voice speak. Kairi couldn't help but let out a whimper "Why the hell not" Kairi said looking over the edge "Maybe because you'll die" the unknown boy shot back "What if I want to die? Huh!" Kairi screamed out.

"You may want to die, but that doesn't mean you have to. Every life has value. Just please, don't jump!" Mattia shouted. Kairi felt more tears running down his face "Please kid. Don't do it. Someone out there loves you. Just come back over and talk to me" the taller said with worry. Kairi nodded and let go but shrieked when he almost lost his balance. He quickly gripped the railing "Help! Please!" Kairi screamed out feeling his fingers become numb "Okay! Stay still!" The other said running over to him.

"Alright, one of you hands need to let go and grab mine so I can pull you over" the taller spoke softly to Kairi, Kairi nodded slowly before releasing his left hand placing it inside a much bigger and warmer hand. The hand gripped onto his tightly and turned him over, where he was faced with a much taller boy, who had dark brown hair, and beautiful brown eyes.

The boy grabbed Kairi's waist and slowly lifted him up, and over the railing. He softly put the boy down and took his hoodie off quickly putting it over Kairi's body. Than Kairi just broke down into the strangers arms, sobbing uncontrollably "Hey hey, it's okay.." the boy spoke softly to Kairi, slowly sitting down into the road, Kairi still in his arms "It's okay, let it out" the boy spoke rubbing Kairi's back.

-

Kairi had finally calmed down after 20 minutes of straight sobbing. He breathed in deeply before pulling away and wiping his face. The taller smiled softly "I know your not okay, so I won't even ask, but what's wrong.." the taller said worried "I hate everyone. My dad, my mom, my school people. No one cares about me" Kairi said tears running down his face "Someone cares about you. Hey, even I care about you, and I don't even know your name" the taller said wiping Kairi's tears.

Kairi let out a soft giggle "Well my names Kairi" he said looking down at the concrete "Beautiful name, I'm Mattia" Mattia said as he stood up, helping Kairi up "How about you tell me why your so upset.." Mattia said looking down at Kairi. Kairi nodded "My dad, he-he he hurt me. More than that. He did really bad things to me, tonight. And I can't go back. So I have no where to go!" Kairi said crying again.

Usually he'd run away from such a giant boy, but for some odd reason, when Mattia held him, he finally felt safe. He felt love, and for some stranger reason, happiness. He felt as if he wanted to smile and latch onto the taller, tighter. He felt as if his world had stopped.

"Well, if you want, Kairi, you can stay with me and my family. We can explain to them what has happened. And than maybe, try and get you some help, try to let you live peacefully, and maybe even start a case on your father. Get him arrested. And for your mother. Well I don't know that story. So, would you like to come home with me? Sorry that sounds creepy, I just wanna help" Mattia spoke with pure genuine and eager.

Kairi nodded softly "I'd really like that, Mattia" and with that, the two boys set off to Mattia's house. It had only been about an hour, and Kairi, finally felt safe. But all good things, came to an end.