Chapter Four

Carrie's POV

I woke up, still on Mike's lap, with his strong arms wrapped around me. He looked down at me before kissing my forehead.

"You okay?" Mike asked as I adjusted myself.

"I want to be..." I confessed pausing for a second. "I just feel bad." I said looking up at him.

"Don't...I want today to be a good day." Mike said with a soft smile. I put my hand around the back of his neck and pulled him down to kiss me. "What was the reason behind that?" Mike asked as we both pulled away.

"I didn't get to kiss you much yesterday." I replied with a soft smile.

"She's back." Mike said with a smile, causing me to blush before he kissed me. When I felt Mike starting to pull away I laced my arms around his neck kissing him back passionately.

"Mike I love you so much, please know that." I said looking into his eyes. "I'm sorry for everything, for yesterday...for all these years I've taken you for granted." I apologized looking up at Mike seriously. "I'm sorry that I've been so distant with you and that-"

"Shh." Mike said wiping a tear from my cheek. "You don't have to apologize for anything...you haven't done anything." Mike said looking down at me seriously.

"But Mike I have, I'm not perfect I ju-"

He cut me off again by kissing me.

"Stop apologizing." Mike said looking into my eyes. "There's nothing to apologize for I promise I'm not upset with you at all." Mike said as another tear began to fall. "Don't cry." He said pulling me closer to him.

I don't know why I was crying, I just felt bad for everything. Mike held me in his arms rubbing my back gently, as tears continued to fall from my eyes and onto his bare chest.

I slowly woke up when I felt myself being moved I opened my eyes and Mike was standing over me. "Where are you going?" I asked as I sat up.

"To the store stay here I'll be right back." Mike said as he put his shirt on.

"Okay." I sighed standing up.

"Bye I'll be back." Mike said hugging me.

"Bye I love you." I said looking up at him.

"I love you too, call me if you need me." He replied giving me a peck on the lips.

It seemed like right when Mike left I started getting calls. Asking how Mike and I were doing. I got off the phone with my mom and started to scroll through twitter when a picture caught my eye.

It was Mike with some girl. She was short, with black hair, that kinda reminded me of Ivey but she was taller, so I knew it wasn't her. He had his arm around her, with his head on the small of her back, leading her into a coffee shop.

"Hello?" Mike said answering his phone.

"Mike I need you too come home." I said as I felt tears coming to my eyes.

"Why? Are you okay?" Mike asked confused.

"Mike where are you?" I said putting him on speaker then continuing to scroll through the news feed.

"I told you I'm at the store." Mike said as I found another picture of him hugging the same women with a huge smile on both their faces.

"Your lying Mike." I said as I felt the anger quickly starting to rise inside of me. "Who is that girl?" I asked as a tear fell from my eye. There was a long silence and then my phone beeped three times showing that the call was ended.

I sat there for a second. Thinking of what I should do. I laid down as tears fell from my eyes unsure of what to think. If it wasn't a big deal, why would Mike lie to me? I asked myself as I pulled the covers over me.

"Hey Care, what's wrong?" Mike asked as I felt him sit on the edge of the bed.

"What's her name?" I asked not moving from my spot.

"Who?" Mike said.

"Mike I saw pictures who were you with? What's her name?" I repeated.

"Its not what it looks like Carrie I promise." He said as I felt him move closer to me. "I wouldn't cheat on you." Mike said as he put his hand on my back.

"K." I said still not moving.

"Talk to me." He said raising his voice.

"Don't you dare yell at me Mike!" I exclaimed sitting up and looking at him angrily. "If its not a big deal why would you feel the need to lie to me?" I asked pulling the covers off me and standing up.

"Carrie I am not cheating on you!" Mike said looking at me serious. "I had a meeting with my friend Claire trying to figure out what we could do for mine and your anniversary because I wanted to make it special..." Mike said looking down at me. "Just because I hugged her doesn't mean anything, I am not cheating on you." Mike added as I stared up at him.

-30 minuets later

I looked over at Mike and he just looked back at me not saying a word. I turned my back towards him as I finished washing the last bowl.

I screamed as Mike picked me up from behind carrying me like a baby through the living room. "What are you doing!" I exclaimed as he walked outside holding me still. He didn't say anything he just smiled and walked down the porch steps. "Mike!" I said as he opened his truck door and sat me in the passenger seat. "What are you doing?" I repeated a little annoyed now.

"We're going somewhere." Mike said before shutting my door.

"Well damn." I mumbled to myself as he walked around to the drivers side. "Mike I'm not dressed to go anywhere." I said as he shut his door.

"You don't have to be dressed up for where we're going." He replied as we pulled out of our driveway. I closed my eyes and rested my head against the window.

I woke up when I herd Mike's door open. I sat up and looked out my window to see that we we're at mine and Mike's ranch. "I want to go home." I confessed as he opened my door.

"Baby please...I know your upset with me but I think we need this time...to just talk out here." Mike said looking at me seriously. "Please?" Mike said offering his hand to help me out.

I held his hand and shut my door behind me. Mike looked up at me, and I looked up at him trying to read what he was thinking but I couldn't. "Are you upset with me?" Mike asked breaking the silence between the two of us.

I silently shook my head looking up at him, and a smile smile crossed his face. "Mike is it suppose to be like this?" I asked still looking up at him. "Us always arguing." I added stepping closer to him.

"Once you stop arguing you stop caring." He explained before kissing me passionately. "I love you so much Carrie...I refuse to let anything get inbetween us." Mike said as we both pulled away. "Baby did I say something?" Mike asked pulling me into his arms as a single tear fell from my eye.

"I don't deserve you Mike." I replied as I pulled him down towards me. "I really don't." I added before kissing him passionately. Mike picked me up and I wrapped my arms around his neck hugging him tightly.

I swear I fall in love with him more and more every time I kiss him, even if I'm upset with him. It wasn't like some regular old thing, our kisses, they were all special, and different.

Sorry it took me so long!! Comment plz