Chapter 25 - Because

It wouldn't leave Taeyong's head. Would she say yes? Are they really that far in their relationship already? Time really does fly huh.

Taeyong was in a conflict. He didn't know what to do , is it too early to propose , is it the right time ? Will she even say yes? He didn't even know if he would say yes if he was asked. He had to clear his mind , he went to meet Youngho.

Of course, Youngho. He had proposed , and he is now married, he knows how to get things done, he should ask him.
Taeyong decided to tell Seulgi , he is going to meet his friends , she agreed and told him that she can also call Joohyun over.

Taeyong met Youngho at a restaurant, where he ordered some drinks , and had some casual talk about their lives before Taeyong asked him.
"So , Youngho, I have a reason to meet you all of a sudden....I need a favor." Taeyong said.
"Sure man , anything , just say it" Youngho replied.
"You see , I am thinking about mine and Seulgi's future , looking at you guys , I don't know what to do" Taeyong said , kind of ashamed that he couldn't figure out his feelings.
"Well , Taeyong , I realized I wanted to marry Joohyun, when I was sitting idle , and thought about our relationship. She has to be someone who you want to spend your whole life with , Yong." Youngho said.
"I want to spend the rest of my life with her , I already know that , but will she say yes?" Taeyong asked , biting his nails from nervousness , just by thinking about Seulgi saying no.
"Well , you can't really be sure unless you ask huh?" Youngho said.
"Ok then , I will propose to Seulgi." Taeyong says , as Youngho smiles and gives him a bro-hug.

Taeyong had now started planning out his proposal. He knew exactly where to do it , when to do it , and the ring he had to buy , the only thing he wasn't sure of , was what he had to say. He wanted to propose on their anniversary, but that would be too far away , since it just passed , so he decided to propose on the day that the first said 'I love you' to each other. That's right , he remembered the day they had their first kiss , their anniversary and the day they first said I love you.

Today was the day. He was all prepared . Yesterday, he had gone out to buy the ring , right after office , before he came home. He picked out a very elegant ring. It had a small circle diamond , which was tinted a blueish-green color , Seulgi's favorite. He had told Seulgi that they are going out today. He usually came home from office half an hour before Seulgi did , so he could prepare some things. He had already bought flowers and kept them in the car. He came home and changed onto some formal clothes.

 He came home and changed onto some formal clothes

He had even told Seulgi to dress up. When she came home , she saw Taeyong sitting on the couch , on his phone . She went to him and hugged him from behind.
"Taeyong , I missed you!" She said , wrapping her arms tight. She loved the way the suit looked on him.
"I missed you too." Taeyong said keeping his phone aside , hugging her back.
"Are you tired , do you want to rest before going out?" He asked , concerned.
"No , I'm fine , I didn't have that much work today." Seulgi replied , as she took off her shoes.
Seulgi told Taeyong that she was going to get ready , she also wore something formal , like he told her to. She assumed they were going to a fancy restaurant for dinner , but she didn't expect what was coming.

 She assumed they were going to a fancy restaurant for dinner , but she didn't expect what was coming

She managed to look stunning in just a simple black dress. Once she came down the stairs , she intertwined her arm with his , as he smiled and whispered to her.
"You look amazing as always."
She smiled at him , as he winked at her , causing her to lightly hit his arm , as they walked to their car.

Taeyong drove in silence , he had played a slow song and his hand was intertwined with Seulgi's , and Seulgi looked out of the window in awe of the beautiful scenery.
He soon parked the car and got out of the car and helped Seulgi out too. He took her hand and led her somewhere.
She started to think about her surroundings, this place was oddly familiar. Then they reached one point and she knew where they were. They were at Taeyong's secret place.
Once they reached the center , he stood there and looked up at the stars. He thought in his mind.
'Mom , dad , give me the courage and blessings to ask her , please pray everything goes well' he thought.

Seulgi immediately caught on , as she saw his eyes water while looking at the stars , she understood he was remembering his parents. He suddenly took Seulgi's hand and pulled her closer. He went to a bush and took a bouquet of flowers from behind it. He gave Seulgi the flowers to hold. They were white roses. He held her hands and told her.

"Seulgi , you have been with me through thick and thin of life , I never thought I would ever be here , when I first saw you , I felt like you didn't smile enough , you hid the real you behind a mask , I wanted to be the one to make you take that mask off. The day I saw you play with that cat outside your house , I knew I had slightly fallen for you. You took my sadness , and replaced it with only happiness, and I couldn't be more thankful. I always thought , why have I been left with no one to love? When I met you I found out it was because of you. You were the reason god didn't keep anyone else in my life. Because you are more than anything I would ever want. Because I love you , because we are meant to be.I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

At this point Seulgi and Taeyong both were already crying messes.

"So , Kang Seulgi," Taeyong said , while he got on his knee , and removed a small ring box from the pocket of his coat.

"Will you marry me?" He asked , looking up at her , tears streaming down her face.

"Yes!" She said , and pulled Taeyong up , she didn't like seeing him bent down. He slowly slid the ring on her finger.
He hugged her tight and wiped his tears. She slowly pulled away and wiped his cheeks. She had stopped crying , but Taeyong's tears hadn't stopped flowing.

He pulled her in for another hug. He pulled away and pecked her.

"I love you" Seulgi said , as she tried to calm Taeyong down. He had stopped crying now , but he was very overwhelmed with the happiness he was feeling.
"I love you too" he said , hugging her.

"You know why we are together?" She asked him.
"Because we love each other , and that will never change." He said smiling at her.

Authors Note: So guys, this is the official ending of Why. If you guys want an epilogue , let me know , I don't really know what to write , but if you guys want it , I would be glad to think of something and make one. I will truly miss this book , I had a great time writing it , and I hope you had as much fun reading it. Thank you to everyone who voted and commented or added this story to a list , it means a lot. This is author signing off , from this book!