Chapter 16 - Smiling Through The Pain

Seulgi now was well aware of the fact the she had started to develop some feelings towards Taeyong. She thinks she likes him... she isn't so sure though... he was the first person to make her genuinely happy again , all the time. She takes Joohyun's advice on this matter. She tells her about how she thinks she likes Taeyong.
"How often do you think of him?" Joohyun asked.
"Like.. 5 times in an hour?" Seulgi said after thinking for a moment.
"When he talks to you , do your guts churn?" She asked for the second time.
"It feels like someone put a very warm hoodie on my stomach ." She said.
"And what about when he flirts or does pda?" She asked for the third time , her eyebrows raising every time she answered the questions.
"It feels like I ran a 2km marathon." Seulgi said .
"Well.. yeah I'm pretty sure you like him..." Joohyun concluded.

Meanwhile Taeyong and Doyoung were hanging out a lot with Jaehyun lately , he was pretty cool and they were getting closer by the day. Taeyong hadn't thought about his feelings towards Seulgi yet, he felt butterflies and stuff , but he didn't think about it that much just as of now , but Jaehyun and Doyoung already knew he liked her , just by the way he looked at her , it was pretty obvious. Atleast for them. Seulgi was a very attractive person , Doyoung also looked at her often , but he didn't like her in that way. Jaehyun said he would hit on her if he wasn't taken , he already had a girlfriend who he loved a lot , but Seulgi's name always made him turn his head , as he had a childhood friend named Seulgi , one that was with him when his mom passed away , he still remembers that time , she was the only one who was there for him at that point , but he didn't know Seulgi was the same Seulgi who was there at that time.

Taeyong , Doyoung and Jaehyun were due to meet the girls today. They wanted to meet because of Taeyong and Seulgi's failed meeting the day before. All the friends decided to tag along too. Joohyun , Sooyoung and Seulgi went to the fair they were supposed to meet at.
"Yaahhhhhh Seulgiiiiii" Taeyong said going towards Seulgi and slightly side hugging her as a greeting.
Seulgi automatically smiled and looked at him .
The others greeted each other too. They decided they wanted to go to the Ferris wheel first. They played Rock Paper Scissors to decide who would sit with whom , it was a three person compartment. The pairings were , Taeyong , Jaehyun and Seulgi , and Sooyoung , Joohyun and Doyoung.

The Ferris wheel started moving slowly , none of them speaking that much . Taeyong wasn't fan of the wheel , he was scared of heights. He looked down , noticing his breath hitching at the view down , it was beautiful, but scary. Seulgi noticed it and put her hand gently on top of his , which was rested on his knee. He slightly smiled at her and locked eyes with her for quite a while , while Jaehyun felt like jumping off the cart , rolling his eyes every ten seconds seeing they haven't confessed yet. Third-wheel of the year! As the ride ended , they got off the ride and went to eat , they were pretty hungry and didn't want to wait longer.

At the restaurant, while waiting for their food , they decided to play truth or truth. More like spin the bottle. The bottle spun and pointed at Joohyun.
"If you had to date someone here , who would it be" asked Taeyeong.
"Jaehyun" she said blankly. Doyoung's heart breaking at her words.
The next time it landed on Taeyong.
"How much time would it take you to confess your feelings to someone , from the time you know you like them?" Sooyoung asked.
"I would do it as soon as I can .. never want someone who I like becoming someone else's." He said smiling.
Next , the bottle landed at Jaehyun.
"Who is a person you really want to meet , dead or alive?"
"When I was younger , my mom passed away and I was devastated at that time , I had that one friend who helped me to get happier , and her name was the same as Seulgi's." He said.
"Wait...no way!! I had a childhood friend named Jaehyun.... is your last name Jung?" Seulgi said.
"Kang Seulgi.......?" He aske in confusion.
"Oh my god it's been so long...!!! More than fifteen years...!!!" They said together , practically jumping into each other's arms.
Doyoung didn't like the sight in front of him . Taeyong didn't know he liked Seulgi , but Doyoung knew he did. Jaehyun did too , but he probably didn't think of it when he was hugging her. Taeyong felt a unfamiliar pang in his heart. Why did he feel it? Why?