Chapter 14 - Heroism

They spent the night at the party , dancing and having the time of their lives with their friends.
Seulgi headed home early , because she wanted to sleep, she was exhausted, and she didn't want to pass out so she heads home , Taeyong also decides to head home because Doyoung was wasted again. Taeyong , Seulgi and Doyoung walk home together still laughing and singing . Seulgi reaches her house , they bid each other goodbye and part ways. Seulgi was very happy that day. She never expected to find someone like Taeyong to be so close to her. Before she opened her house's door , she heard a noise from inside. Not just any noise . A noise of a glass shattering. Her mom was back.

Taeyong on the other hand left Doyoung at home , but forgot his wallet at the party , he went out and started walking the opposite direction when he saw Seulgi's house.
"Should I go and check if she reached home safely?" He asked himself.
"Eh why not" he decided and heads towards her house.
The dark atmosphere near the house , makes shivers run down his spine .
He goes near the entrance and hears the samne scream he heard some days ago. Seulgi. That was the only thing he could think of. She was getting abused again. He wasn't going to stand and watch. He ran inside the house and saw Seulgi on the floor sobbing, while her mom was chugging a glass of alcohol in front of her . His mind couldn't process all that was going on in front of him . He was furious but empathetic at the same time. He ran to Seulgi and helped her up, making her put her hand around his shoulder. Her leg was bleeding. Her mom noticed him and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Who are you? How are you in my house?!" She said screaming.
"I'm Seulgi's... Seulgi's......" he mumbled not knowing for sure what their relationship really is.
"Boyfriend?!" Her mom said in shock.
"Yes!" Said Seulgi . "No!" Said Taeyong.
They looked at each other with desperate faces.
"No!" Said Seulgi . "Yes!" Said Taeyong.
Seulgi mumbled a curse beneath her breath and looked up at her mom .
"Yes I am her boyfriend, and I am not going to stand seeing her get beaten by you , so I am going to take her with me until you sober up and come back to your senses ma'am." He said with a stern voice glaring at Seulgi's mom.
Seulgi and Taeyong then walked out , her arm still on his shoulder , for support to walk properly .

"So where are we going now?" She said .
"Well I don't know... you could come at my place but we don't have a spare bed or couch ." He said , disappointed.
"Hey , it's ok I'll just stay with Joohyun. My mom will probably go to the spare apartment today." She said.
"Ok I'll come with you to the party to find Joohyun . But first let's clean your wound." He said.
Taeyong left Seulgi on a bench and went to a supermarket to by some tissues and a bandaid.
He bent down to Seulgi's knee , and wiped the blood off as she flinched from the stinging feeling on her skin. He then out the bandaid on and patted her knee , and then sat beside her on the bench.
"Thank you , Taeyong." She said , sincerely.

He smiled in return and winked at her again , making her feel her heartbeat race.
He grabbed her hand and made her get up to walk back to the party.
Seulgi senses something bad in the atmosphere again. She heard someone whistling. The tune was an eeire and creepy one . She turned back and saw no one there.
"What's wrong?" Taeyong asked.
"Nothing....let's go" she said.

Seulg spends that night with Joohyun, who was very upset about the fact that her mom tried to hit Seulgi again. Seulgi passed out almost immediately when she reached home.
"Thank you Taeyong. I've been busy with my boyfriend and you helped Seulgi for me at that time. I owe you one" Joohyun said.
"No worries , I did what I had to" he said while smiling.
The waved each other a bye and he headed back home after getting his wallet.