Chapter 28

My mother reaches over the middle seat of the taxi and places her small hand firmly on the knee of my bouncing leg.

"Seriously Vicky you are driving me insane", she huffs in annoyance and I bite my lip not really bothered to say something.

"Sorry", I mutter after a while not really meaning it and instead of bouncing my leg I know start to fiddle with the bracelets on my wrist.

"Vicky", my mother scolds now raising her voice a little and takes both of my hands.

"I am not sitting through this car ride with you fiddling around".

I remove my hands from her grasp and speak up "Sorry that I am excited for my boyfriends return after not seeing him for weeks", I spit not being able to hide how done I am with her attitude.

No matter what I do she is constantly annoyed and snaps at me whenever she gets the chance, I am sick of her living with me.

I thought that after my breakdown a week ago we would have put some of our issues aside for the sake of our mother-daughter relationship but apparently, we are still both too stubborn to change. Spending so much time with her really doesn't help our relationship.

"I know that you are excited", she sighs and suddenly there is a sad look on her face.

"I am sorry Vicky, I wasn't a good role model in the terms of relationships and I have to admit maybe I am a little bit jealous of what you two have", she quietly admits, looking out of the window so I stare at her reflection.

My mother is jealous of Niall and my relationship? I would have never wasted a second to think about the fact that she could potentially be jealous. I have never seen my mother as a relationship person, she was always on the move especially when the men would become attached to her. Before anyone could even say the word marriage she had blown them off.

"Don't bother saying anything Victoria, it is silly of me to be jealous of my daughters relationship maybe it is only because of his money and fame, I have never been with an international superstar", she speaks again and turns back around to face me.

I roll my eyes at the last part of the sentence and all the compassion I had previously felt for her vanishes.

"Promise me we will go out for lunch with Niall before I go back home", my mother demands and I nod not really feeling the need to introduce Niall to my mother but she doesn't really leave me a choice.

The driver lets us know that we will be arriving shortly, and I check my phone again waiting impatiently for a message from Niall. The only message I got from him today was a song Coming Home. But I have no idea when he'll be back and if I should go and get him at the airport. Adding to the stress my mother decided to move out of Nialls place to give us some space and we are now heading to a hotel she picked out.

I didn't dare to ask her why she wouldn't just fly back to Germany and just went with it. Now I am quite on edge because I don't want to miss a message from Niall.

My mother is typing away on her phone, her face lights up when the familiar noise indicates that she received a new message. I try to sneak a glance and see who she is texting with but with no luck.

"Stop snooping, you are too nosy", she snarls and hides her phone in her handbag.

We arrive at the hotel and two employees eagerly carry my mother's luggage up to her room while she is checking in. I look around the lobby, everything is highly polished and is shining in white marble and gold, my mother fits right in. I feel incredibly out of place in my worn-out jean shorts and Nialls baby blue t-shirt.

"One day I will get married in a hotel like this", I hear a voice behind me, it belongs to a pretty girl with colourful hair holding a suitcase in her hand. I don't see anyone else around, so I assume she is talking to me. "It is indeed a pretty hotel", I respond and get a smile in response before her dark eyes widen. "You are Vicky, Nialls Vicky", she exclaims and let's go of her suitcase pulling me into a hug. I am surprised at first but hug her back, still not used to the fact that people recognise me. I wait for her to regain her composure. "His music means everything to me", she manages to say, and I gently touch her shoulder. "Please tell him that he helped me through some dark times in my life and that without him and the rest of One Direction so many people wouldn't be here anymore, including me".

I have to take a deep breath before I am able to say something. "I will tell him that", I tell her truthfully, knowing that she would appreciate it deeply. Niall loves his fans deeply and cares about them and hearing that his girls are suffering always hurts him. I tell her that and she smiles thankfully before we hug again, this time I hold her closer than before to show her that she is loved.

"Vicky", my mother yells from the other side of the lobby obviously irritated again and I say goodbye to the girl adding that she should stay strong.

"Who was that weird girl with the obnoxiously coloured hair?", she asks as we walk up to her hotel suite and I snap at her "Don't call her weird mom, she is a fan of Niall and she recognised me and we talked, she is very nice and by the way her hair colour isn't obnoxious".

She holds her hands up in surrender and sighs deeply "Sorry Vicky, guess you shouldn't judge a book by its cover", she admits and opens the door with a key card.

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I quickly get it out hoping for a text from Niall but with no luck it is Lia.

"Lewis asked me out for drinks, just the two of us!"

I nearly drop my phone. Lewis and Lia who would have thought. I quickly send her a message telling her to go get him and to wear something nice, before I receive another message.

"Room 113" it simply says and I frown since I don't recognise the number on the screen.

"Go", I hear my mother and my heart skips a beat, what the hell is going on here.

I look at her questioningly, but she just waves her hands in the direction of the door and tells me to hurry up.

My heart beats a hundred miles by hour when I reach Room 113 and I close my eyes, counting to ten before raising my hand to knock on the white door in front of me.

My knuckles barley touched the wood when someone rips it open and I am pulled into a bone crushing hug.

There is no need for words I would recognise his smell and the way he wraps his arms around me every single time.

"Niall", I breathe when he gently pushes me into the direction of the bed with a big grin on his face.

"What are you-", he cuts me off by placing a finger on my lips, silencing my attempts of speaking. "We have plenty of time to talk but right now I just want to be with you".