Chapter 3

The loud and obnoxious sound of cars honking wakes me up and I immediately get blinded by the sunlight.
Elise groans loudly and covers her ears with her pillow but apparently it didn't do much because seconds later she drops it to the floor.
"I pray to god that you will get used to this noise", she tells me and I nod in agreement.
I know I will get used to it, I always do.
When I first moved from a small town to Berlin I was waking up every single night from the noises of people fighting in front of my window.
After a month of living there it didn't bother me at all anymore.
It is only eight in the morning but we get up since there is no way for us too get back to sleep.
Elise is the first one to head to the bathroom to take a shower.
"The water is freezing and it doesn't get hot Vic", Elise shrieks and I giggle a bit while I prepare some coffee for her and a tea for me.
We will be grabbing some food on our way to the city.
When Elise is done showering, I head in to the bathroom and get ready quickly, I can't wait to go exploring today.
As long as Elise is here with me I want to see and do as much as possible, with her everything is easier.
"Got everything?", Elise asks me as we are just about to leave.
"Yep,all set", I answer and gently push her out the door, locking it behind me.
We both hold our breaths as we race down the staircase and rush out of the building.
"This will be your daily exercise routine now", Elise breathes heavily and we walk to the bus station our arms linked.
"He kept asking me if I was polish", Elise laughs as she tells me how the bus driver tried to hit on her while she tried buying us a ticket.
We did get seats this time and we watch the busy streets of London fly by.
"We need to grab some food there this week", I point at a small restaurant with a cool looking neon sign with a happy broccoli on it.
Both of us had pointed to countless restaurants and stores on our drive, if we would visit them all it would take days.
When our stop is called we jump out of the bus and Elise grabs my hand.
"Shopping time", she announces excitedly and I laugh while I pull my hair into a low bun.
It has gotten hotter than we expected, after just two stores we are exhausted and we head to a small café that luckily has an empty table in the shade.
We order some food and ice cold drinks while we do people watching.
"I imagine that this woman had just found out her husband is cheating and now she is spending his money at the designer stores", Elise points at a pretty blonde woman that carries five bags, filled to the brim.
"Or she is an independent woman who doesn't need her husbands money and she can buy herself everything she needs", I say with my mouth filled with salad from my sandwich.
"I like my story better", Elise tells me and I throw a chip at her.
"I don't want to keep on shopping Elise", I whine tiredly and she glares at me.
"Victoria Webber it is my mission to make this shitty flat of yours your home and I am leaving in a few days", she says sternly and waves at a waiter.
She pays for both of our meals before I can even protest.
"Modeling money", she tells me and walks with me out of the restaurant.
"I hate it when you pay for me", I tell her and she nudges my shoulder.
"You will be poor soon", she laughs and I huff.
She is right, my internship is paid but with the rent I have to pay I will have around 100£ left per month.
I did save up money from when I worked at a grocery store in Berlin but I spent most of it on the flight and now on new furniture and decorations.
My face must have darkened more than I wanted it too,Elise throws her long arms around my neck.
"I am sorry Vicky, I didn't mean to make you upset, let me spoil you while I still can", she smiles and her long blonde hair is tickling my nose.
"Thank you El", I pull away from her hug and link arms with her again.
I am stubborn and usually I would never agree to something like that but I know that one day I will pay it all back.
We stroll to the busy streets, looking at way too expensive furniture and decorations that I know I will never be able to afford.
"Let's go see the London Eye", I suggest as we exit another store.
Both of us are carrying multiple bags now but we squeeze our way through the crowds, on our way to one of the famous landmarks of London.
I have visited London before with my parents but I don't really remember much because I was too young.
"It is closed already", Elise pouts sadly and points at the big ferris wheel.
"We will go there while you are here", I promise her while we think about a back up plan for tonight.
We don't want to drive all the way back to my flat to drop off our bags so we decide to grab something to eat and then look for a pub to have a few celebration drinks.
I don't know what exactly we are going to celebrate because my flat isn't done at all and we have a ton of work left to do.
But Elise said we are celebrating regardless and I am always down for a trip to a pub or a bar.
Before we go looking for a place to have a nice drink, we get some pizza at a food truck and take a seat on a bench overlooking the themse.
"It is so beautiful here",I say while I munch on a piece of my pizza with veggies.
Elise nods also chewing and we watch the people walking on the street in front of us.
Couples are holding hands, families are out for a last evening stroll hoping to make the kids tired for bed, people dressed in business clothes are walking quickly to get home or to meet some friends after a long day of work.
I enjoy the fatty taste of the pizza cheese, the last bit of the warm sunlight on my face and the voice of my best friend telling me about a modeling job she had a few months ago.
A smile is plastered on my face and I know it will stay there for a while longer because right now I am happy and blessed for everything I have in my life.