Chapter 34

I noticed a change in Nialls behaviour a few days ago but I couldn't really pin it down on something specific.
He is staring out of the living room window more frequently and absently plays a few chords on his guitar.
When I caught him holding the picture of him and Theo in his hands and saw the glistening in his eyes, I realised what it was.
Niall is homesick.
I get it, my mother has been back in Germany for a week now and even though she was mainly getting on my nerves and vice versa, I miss going out for lunch with her or having a little drink at night.
If I remember correctly, Niall hasn't seen his family in over three months.
On his birthday he was supposed to fly to Ireland with me but something came up and he had to stay in London to work.
He loves his family so dearly and I know that he especially misses his mother and his little nephew.
I felt guilty when I grabbed his phone from his bedside table one night while he was in the shower and went through his contacts to get both his mothers and his sister in laws numbers.
I tell myself that this was for his good and I know he won't be mad at me if everything works out like I planned it.
Lia helped me to organize everything, from contacting his family and then informing his management that he needs to take a break for at least a week to booking a flight to Dublin.
Niall has been working hard on his new album, showing me lyrics he wrote and then playfully scolding me after I told them that they are all amazing since he needed constructive feedback and that I am just too in love with him to criticize anything he writes.
He isn't wrong, I do love everything he writes and I could spend hours just listen to him play his guitar or the piano in the living room.
Sadly he hasn't gotten the time to just play around, when he gets home from a long day in the studio he is exhausted and wants to have a quick dinner and then head to bed.
Usually he gets up after a short nap and starts writing or playing his instruments.
Countless times I have told him to just go to sleep but he dosen't listen. Stubborn idiot.
The bags under his eyes show me that he is overwhelmed and exhausted but he doesn't want to ask for a break.
I walk into the living room where Niall is angrily scribbling out the words he just wrote in his baby blue notebook.
"Take a break babe", I quietly say not to startle him since he seems pretty occupied.
"I can't, they expect new lyrics from me by tomorrow", he sighs and runs a hand over his tired face.
I walk closer to him and curl into his side, he immediately wraps his arms around me and kisses my head.
"I need to tell you something", I begin carefully because I know he is stressed.
"You aren't pregnant are you?", he chuckles lowly but turns my head so he can look at the expression on my face.
"No!", I squeal and hit his chest and he pulls me into a hug.
"Sorry, continue"
"You don't need to go to work tomorrow, or the whole next week to be exact", before he is able to stop me again I quickly continue.
"I talked to your management and they agreed you need to have a break, get inspired by something that's not your house and I talked to your mother.
We are leaving for Ireland in about five hours".
He is silent and I get uneasy.
I lift my head from his chest and search for an expression on his pale face.
"You planned all of this?", he seems to be in disbelief.
I nod and he hugs me, tighter than he has in a long time and when he pulls away he peppers my face with little kisses.
"I love you so much, how did you know I was missing Ireland?", he asks breathlessly and I chuckle.
"Because I love you Niall Horan, and I know you".
The next hours are hectic, Niall is running around the house to pack and we leave immediately after we are done because he wants to get a few presents to bring to his family.
Like a small child he keeps turning to me and kisses me from time to time.
We meet his bodyguard at the airport, luckily his management team had informed him and he is safely guiding us inside and through the security check in.
While we wait for our flight to be called, Niall snaps a picture of me and then asks his bodyguard to take one of us together.
Both pictures are posted on his Twitter and Instagram with a caption that makes my heart melt when I read it.
"She is the one for me. My princess is always looking out for me and I will love her forever."
Lia and Lewis call us before we board to wish us a nice time and Niall effusively thanks Lia for her help.
"We both got some amazing girls huh?", is the last sentence Lewis speaks before we take our seats on the airplane and Niall agrees with him, without any hesitation.
"I am so excited for you to show me everything", I wiggle around in my seat and smile widely at him.
"So you didn't do it just for my well being but for your own pleasure", he chuckles and I pout at his accusation.
"I am excited too, my family will love you babe", he kisses me gently.
I sigh internally. During all this chaos I totally forgot the fact that I am meeting my boyfriends family for the first time. A total hit or miss.
I need to make a good impression on them and we need to get a long, family is one of the most important things for Niall and I want this to work.
He takes my hand just as the plane lifts off the ground and we leave London behind.