Gang AU: Crypto x Reader

Here's the next one! I  try to make these all gender neutral so I hope you enjoy!

(L/N): Lover's name

---

You snuggled closely to your lover. The two of you just waking up. You wanted to stay like this forever, but...

"Babe, I have to go to work now."

"I know..." You reluctantly let go of your lover and let them crawl out of bed.

"Work a double shift today so I'll be home really late, okay?" (L/N) speaks as they put on a shirt and pants. 

You groan. You hated when (L/N) had to works double shifts. For some stupid reason his boss makes him do so. You figured it was because he was just a shitty boss, and shitty bosses do what shitty bosses do. Be shitty.

"Be careful." You say.

"If your worried about the Apex Gang's attack then don't be. They'er long gone from here, I'm sure of it." You lover responds.

You lover leaves and you catch up on extra sleep. When you finally decide to take your ass out of bed, you made yourself some food.

Throughout the day you watched TV. You stayed away from the news. All they spoke about were the Apex Gang, and that made you nervous.

Around eight o' clock you hear a strange noise. A sort of buzz. You flinch as it suddenly became pitch black in your home and a loud boom was heard above your house.

Then there was a knock at the door. Thinking it's your lover you quickly get of the couch and run to the door.

You unlock the door, open it, and see non other than... Crypto?

Wait. Crypto!?

Crypto was the Apex Gang's negotiator. If someone got a visit from him then that means something was wrong. Very wrong.

He stood there, hands in his pockets with a bored expression.

"안녕하세요. Where's (L/N)?" He asks sternly.

"My-My lover? He's at work." You say shakily.

"Work? Don't play coy with me. Where are they?"

While Crypto isn't known for fighting he did have the occasional slugfest. Or just outright shooting someone. All the members of the Apex Gang were good with guns and he was no different. You look at the p2020 in his holster.

"I-I promise, he/she told me he/she was going to work." You said, trying to keep your voice from shaking any more.

Crypto's expression changed from anger to a less stern one.

"Idiot. You truly have been left in the dark."

Left in the dark? What the hell was going on? And why were you the idiot in this situation?

"We'll talk inside." Crypto sighs. He walks past you and into your dark house. You close the door but make sure to keep it unlocked just in case you had to run. There was an actual member of the Apex Gang in your home. It was nothing to laugh at.

Crypto pulls out a device of some sort and presses a few buttons. The lights to your house come back on seconds later.

Now that Crypto was in the light you could get a better look at him. He was tall, had black hair, and piercing eyes.

Crypto stands in the middle of the room, looking around for  a second before turning back to you.

"If it's not obvious now; your lovers been lying to you." Crypto says as he begins to circle around you.