Episode 9: Revenge is brutal(part 1)

The small bell hanging above the door,  rang, announcing the arrival of a new client to the shelter..

- " Welcome to Suzi's safe and sound cat shelter, what can I hel- "

- " Cut the crap!  " She interrupted her " We both know what you've done! "

Disappointment was clearly showing in her looks, she couldn't understand why they'd go over their promise, why would they break it! All she wanted was answers, she needed them!

- " Whoa, Lady I don't know what you're talking about.. " The woman behind the register replied.

- " You're the cat Freak! "

- " Em, relax.. " Leon whispered to her.

- " We're not here to fight.. we only want to know if you were the ones who sent the girl to kill Eva"

He added. The Cat shifter, stood there for  a second,  all confused..

- " I think you're making a mistake.. we never sent anyone to kill Eva : We clearly heard you when you said you were gonna handle the situation.. "

- " Don't f^cking lie! " Makayla viciously threatened her.

- " She's not. " Leon said " She's telling the truth, I can read her thoughts.. "

Everything Makayla thought happened was a mistake ; these people didn't send Lizzy to kill Eva!

- " We gave you our word. " The man with scar on his face was standing behind Leon and Makayla, only this time he was wearing a white clear robe, which gave makayla a feeling that he's some kind of a veterinarian who works in this shelter full of meowing cats.

- " Why would we brake it?! " he quickly added.

- " ... " Guilt consumed her.

- " Wait.. If you aren't the ones who sent the girl... then who did?! " Leon asked the million dollar question

- " the girl you're talking about.. Lizzy, she's Eva's little sister. As far as we know! " The lady said.

- " You know her?! " Makayla curiously asked.

- " Uh, maybe we could have this talk elsewhere.. someplace more private I'd say! " The Scarred man said, at the sight of new customers entering the shelter.

He invited them to his office. The first impression Makayla had when she walked into this office, was that it reminded her of her grandfather's bureau. Both, the walls and floor were made out of dark wood planks. A chimney was lit at the other part of the room. Not far away from it, was a small window whose view was the long and lonely highway..

- " First things first.. why don't we get introduced properly? " He said.

- " I'm Graham Bentley. I'm the owner of this shelter. "

- " I'm Makay- "

- " I know who you are.. " he politely smiled.

- " So.. today's the big day?! " he quickly added.

- " yeah, today's the ball.. "

- " uh.. why did you invite us in here? " Leon interfered.

- " I heard you say that a young girl was sent to kill your friend.. well, there are some things you should know about this devious little brat.. "

- " You know her?! "

- " Oh,  believe me, I know her better then Eva, and I know that she's way stronger than her! "

- " What do you mean.. "

- " If you thought that Eva was the big threat.. then thing again! "

They talked and talked.. and as time passed, their bond grew stronger, even though they had just met. Makayla's questions were finally answered, she understood that Lizzy killed Eva, only because she asked her too, in case things went wrong. Graham told her about Lizzy's fatal powers; he told her that once she grab onto any living thing, she either sucks the life out of it, or suck it's power, in case of touching a Freak.

The ball was only few hours away, that's when Makayla noticed the clock..

- " oh sh*t, we're gonna be late! " she quickly rushed towards the exit, Leon followed.

- " oh and Graham,  thanks for today! " She remembered to thank him before leaving.

- " Makayla, keep your eyes open, Lizzy is more dange- "

- " I know, we got it handled! " She smiled before closing the door.

Arriving at the outer gate of the élanoar property, Makayla noticed that guests had already started coming, wearing the finest dresses and suites, with their masks hiding their faces.

She quickly entered the mansion pushing through the crowd, and reached her room..

- " I'll meet outside your room's door in ten! " Leon said rushing towards his room to change.

After few minutes he heard someone knocking on his door, he went and opened the door to see a gorgeous young maiden dressed in a sparkling light yellow gown..

- " Makayla?! " he was dazzled " You, you look Amaz- "

- " Leon you need to see this! " She interrupted him in panick.

The bedrooms of the mansion were all in the upper floor. In the center of the mansion, was a big hall in which was hosted the annual ball. Infront of the bedroom doors, were balconies whose view, was the big hall. Makayla and Leon stood on one of these balconies, looking at a face they never thought they'd see again..

Lizzy, dressed in a classy gown, surrounded by a crowd of people who looked like bad news..