Episode 4: Beta Blockers.

- ".. they're one of the most powerful Freaks I've ever layed eyes on! Even during my studies back at the hideout, I spent most of my time working on the Freaks with the killer effects, like Jumpers, Succubusses, blood Freaks, Nymphs etc.. Still I've never seen a Freak who is more territorial and possessive than a jumper. These things will do anything for survival, and once they're fixated in a strong body.. chances are, they Never leave it! " She briefly explained.

- " I emptied a whole syringe of Gene killer inside of her system, how the hell is she still inside?! "

- " that.. that was a big mistake, Still, what's done is done, right now all we can do to help her.. is pray! "

- " How the hell was it my fault that ,this mass of evil, is stuck inside?! " her tone  was slightly heightened.

- " How, you ask?! Well, it's a simple equation.. you neutralised Stacey's powers while Eva was inside her body.. Results: you got yourself a Neo human, with another Neo human stuck inside of him! " She paused " Simple, but destructive! "

Makayla thought for a second, with a feeling of guilt and disappointment crawling inside of her, that what she'd done was mistake.. She wanted to right the faults,  but instead all she did was spill oil on fire! Not only did she take Stacey's powers away from her, but she stabilised Eva inside of her too!

- " I don't know what to say.. " She looked down, too scared, too shy to look any of them in the eye!

- " As I said Makayla, what's done is done! "

- " Oh, so now you want us to pray for her?! " Nicki interfered. " Karen, weren't you the one begging Haydon not to kill Stacey? Now you simply wanna 'Pray' for her?"

- " Watch your mouth Nickkitta! "

- " you want me to watch my mouth?! " she sarcastically laughed " you were the one who brought us into all of this! After she went through hell to get us out of the hunters hands, you brought us to this hell hole, it's because of you that Stacey is suffering! "

After their arguments, Nicki left the house, angry, but Makayla had her questions, and the only person who knew the answers, was Karen..

- " We're not fighting something supernatural. Eva did have her powers, but once she was injected with the gene killer, she simply became an alter ego, stuck inside the deepest parts of Stacey's fragile consciousness.. "

- " how do we get rid of it?! "

- " We don't.. or more correctly, we can't! "

- " if what you're saying is right.. that means psychological treatments can help her.. right?! "

- " Maybe.. but they won't be as effective; Eva did lose her powers,  but she's still rooted to supernatural phenomenons, so getting her out with the help of a shrink.. might not be of use!  "

- " Karen there has to be something we can do to help! "

Karen kept silent for as second before she added hesitating..

- " There is one way.. but it might not work! "

- " What is it?! " She yelled with excitement.

- " instead of making Eva get out of her mind.. "

- " yeah?!.. "

- " Someone could go inside Stacey's mind and get Eva out! "

- " And how are we gonna do that?! " Jackson jumped inside their conversation.

- " Well that's the complicated part.. In order for one of us to be able to get inside Stacey's mind, we need to get her brain to think that she's dead! "

- " how?! "

- " Beta Blockers! "

- " Wh- "

- " It's the name of the drugs that slow down someone's heart rate , to a point where you think.. they're dead! "

The group was relieved, and somewhat happy. But their joy could not be complete, not with Haydon being unconscious for five days. Karen was standing Infront of Haydon's bed, with him sleeping peacefully in it..

- " I'm sorry I ever doubted you, or even thought that what you decided wasn't for the best of our people! "

She spoke to him without any replies.

- " Killing her was the best solution, now she's only suffering. I've never felt so weak before, I mean, I raised these orphans all by myself, and now I'm struggling with seeing each one of them slip away from me, especially with you not being here to help.. I need you! "

A small tear rolled down her cheek.

Makayla listened carefully from behind the door, and with Karen ending her sentence, Makayla's heart crumbled into thousands of pieces.. she didn't realise how much this woman meant to her, not until that moment, when she saw Karen without any covers or labels, she saw only the pure fragile version of her, something that made her loyalty and compassion grow stronger towards Karen!

She backed away from the door and pretended like she'd just arrived, she announced her arrival by knocking on the door and saying..

- " Karen?! "

- " Come in. " she quickly wiped her tears.

- " Stacey's upstairs, she's ready. "

- " Uh yeah, about that.. We still need the medicine. "

- " oh, right.. I'll get it from town. "

- " And one more thing.. If we're getting inside her mind, we're gonna need an anchor, someone who can get us in and out.. a mind freak! "

- " And where the hell do we find a mind freak?! "

- " Levington High, there's a lot of Freaks over there.. Take Jackson with you, he can sniff freaks from miles away! "