Episode 11: Deeper than genes.

The room was quiet, dark and lonely, just like her. She lied in her uncomfortable bed, turning from side to side. Anxious, tired and insomniac! She decided that trying to fall asleep wasn't working, so she got up and headed to the kitchen to make a hot cup of milk, to try and ease her mind, and maybe help her fall asleep.. The dorm room was small. It had a bed room, a kitchenette and a small bathroom. Small but cozy.

She grabbed the powdered milk and mixed it with boiling hot water, when suddenly she had a feeling as if someone was standing behind..

- " is anybody there?! " She said turning around.

- "... " few moments passed by with no reply. Makayla stared at the humanoid shadow hiding inside the dark part of the room. Scared of what she'd just seen, she quickly turned around and grabbed a knife, and the second she turned back, she froze, throwing the knife on the ground..

- " S..Stacey?! " her voice shook.

- " Look Makayla, I don't have much time, I'm here to warn you.. all of you! "

- " Wha- What?! How- .. " too shocked to interact,  Stacey ignored her reaction and continued saying..

- " they are coming Makayla, they seek the Emerald Hexer.. The last one of their race! "

- " Who? Who's 'they' and how- how the hell am I seeing you?! " She nervously said.

- " The Hexers! They're coming back, and they won't leave without getting what they want! "

And as she finished her words, Makayla's head started swirling with pain and her body started shaking. She tried to grab onto something, but the pain and the dizziness were too much to bare, so she fell unconscious on the ground..

- " Em, Em.. Wake up! " the small rays of sunlight hurt her barely open eyes, the color of her brown pupil turned into shimmering golden, that melted within the sunlight.

- " Wake up Makayla!.. What the hell happened to you?! "

She shook off the feeling of heaviness that filled her head, and stared at the anxious looking Nickkitta.

- " Nicki?! "

- " I've been trying to wake you up for the past ten minutes.. you seriously frightened me, I thought you were dead! "

- " where is she?! " She said as she stood up in a hurry.

- " Where's who Em?! "

- " Stacey.. she was here seconds ago! " She kept searching the small flat, looking for the traces of her dead friend, which only frightened Nickkitta even more..

- " Makayla you're scaring me.. " She said in a low pitch tone.

Suddenly Makayla stopped searching, she turned around and stared at the scared Nickkitta..

- " What?! "

- " We need to go to Levington..! " She said running to her room, to gather her stuff.

- " Makayla, Stop! I have a test in twenty minutes and your classes have already started.. we can't leave! "

- " I don't care.. " She yelled from the other room " She was trying to reach out to me, i need to know why!"

- " And you think going to Levington will help?! "

- " There are freaks there, right?! " She sarcastically replied as as she grabbed her bag.

- " What about your classes?! "

- " I'll Compell some Straight A's out of my teachers later.. see you! " She rushed outside the apartment heading to her car parked outside the campus of the college..

- " I hope you find what you're looking for.. " Nicki told herself.

After a few hours, Makayla reached the mansion, parked her car next to the old empty fountain in front of the manor, and rapidly rushed to knock the door.. but as she got closer to the entrance,  she noticed that the door opened by itself, with Karen standing behind..

- " Makayla.. we need to talk " her facial expressions were unexplainable.

- " Care, I.. I saw Stacey.. " she got it off her chest.

- " I know you did.. come in. " She simply replied.

Makayla was surprised that Karen knew, she wanted to ask her how she did, but the woman turned around and kept walking towards the main hall.

- " Wait! " she ran to her " you know? How? "

- " Because you're not the only one.. "

- " What? What is that supposed to mean? "

And as they reached the grand hall,  she saw Jesse sitting next to a girl, with hair as black as night, her hands were hiding here face, it seemed like she was crying..

- " You guys! When did you come back?.. " She said hugging Jesse.

- " Just yesterday.. I can't tell you how comforting it is to see you again."

- " Why? What's up Jess..? You seem.. "

- " Scared, confused,  unsafe..? You guessed it! " He turned and looked at the crying girl; Kendall; then looked at makayla again and said : " I'm afraid everything we knew or thought we know , is a just.. A big fat ball of lies! "

- " Care, What is he saying?! " She said to Karen with scare " What is wrong Jesse?! "

..

- " We're being haunted by some dead Hexers.. "