Episode 12: Anchor

- " Why the hell did you lie?! " She yelled angrily.

- " What was I supposed to tell you? " she paused " you're a descendant of an irish myth that seduces people and scream at them until they die ?! "

- " .. " Makayla had no replies.

- " I did not lie to you Em, I only said half what was true.. Our kind is supernatural, but there are some Freaks who are rather closer to the Mystical world than we are, like Hexers, jumpers, Succubusses.. " Karen defended herself.

- " You knew all of this? " She looked at Jesse.

- " Apparently both our 'Mentors lied to us. " he sarcastically said.

- " So, the vaccine, the facility , the experiments.. they're all fake?! " she desperately asked.

- " No! No, ofcourse not.. They're where Science and myth mix together! " Karen said.

- " And you're telling me all of this now, why?! " Makayla asked.

- " because I'm afraid we can't hide of it anymore.. what we destroyed once, is now back and haunting us!"

- " hold on.. what are we talking about here ?! "

- " the dead f*cking Hexers.. " Kendall weeped.

- " What is up with her?! " Makayla whispered to Jesse and Karen.

- " Apparently, when Lizzy killed Kendall, and thus activated her powers.. she awakened something with her.. far more dangerous than anything we've ever encountered.. I mean, I've seen them once but It was thousands of years ago.."

- " The Hexers? " Makayla asked Karen.

- " The Emerald Hexers!! "

- " thousands of years ago, when the supernatural roamed the earth, man kind was considered weak and primal .. those who ruled were of the enhanced kind, nowadays called 'Freaks.. The first kind of Freaks to ever exist, were the blood Hexers, they were those , whose lives were immortal,due to thier consumption of human blood.. throughout the years, other minorities of new kinds started surfacing.. The rulers; the blood freaks, they started using them, to create stronger version of themselves, using witchcraft and spells, curses and Hexes, to create the new kind of Hexers, the hell fire Hexers! .. "

- " Like Stacey ?! "

- " Exactly.. And as time passed, more mutations, and abnormalities, surfaced.. pushing the two kinds of Hexers, to rejoin the circle and remake the same ceremony, they used the powers of the other minorities of the freaks, to mix it with their own, and create a new better versions of themselves.. The Solari Hexers. After that, wars started happening, and more creatures started surfacing, mutations, mixed with witchcraft and mystical powers, led to creatures, far from humans, and far worse than freaks.. until the circle was rejoined, and the ceremony led to the birth of the first Emerald Hexer.. The spell that created the Hexers usually had two humans, a man and a woman, volunteering into being turned.. Some died, they were too weak, not being able to survive the great powers, others became majestic, powerful beings, who ruled different parts of our planet.. Now, I'm telling you all of this, because I was.. present there. After the Hexers closed the circle, they needed someone to advise them when they needed guidance, so they elected the nobles of the minorities , to create a small jury, made out of four different freaks, a water bender, a aeroshifter, a shadow walker, and a night raven.. Haydon and I , we both lived and served them.. until the Emerald Hexers turned the tables, they started slaughtering humans and freaks, killing the innocent and the weak. It was then that the other Hexers , vanquished the green Hexers race.. with our help! "

- ".. Good news was, that they actually faded away, they literally were extinguished.. bad news, was the fact that they foresaw our conspiracy and readied themselves.. they brought a girl, human.. and they cast a spell on her.. I know you're saying 'what the hell, how can they do that?! ' well, as I said, these people, they're in touch with the beyond, therefore their use of spells, curses and witch craft , is very frequent.. Anyway, as I was saying, they channeled , a huge amount of their aura, into this girl, rendering her into an eternal slumber.. The only time she was to be awakened, was when the last Emerald Hexer dies.. She was what they called the anchor to their resurrection. Now the good news in all of this is that those 'Hexers are still in their ghostly form, meaning they can't interact with anything from this world, bad news is, that once their kill the anchor again, they will be resurrected for good! "

- "how do we stop them?! "

- " there is no possible way.. I mean killing the anchor will resurrect them and not killing her, will only let them taunt us for the rest of our lives from the other side.. ! "

- " So what are we supposed to do?! " Makayla asked curiously.

- " I don't know.. " Karen seemed scared, lost and frightened, as if she'd just seen the slaughters these Hexers committed thousands of years ago.

- " I literally have no one to turn to.. Haydon's in a coma, the shadow walker, I've forgotten his name, god knows where he is, and the raven.. I don't know, I'm ju- .. I don't know.. "

And as silence reigned over the grand hall, bare footsteps were heard coming from the right corridor, there appeared a face , nearly forgotten but much needed..

- "you don't have anyone to turn to?! " he said pressing his left hand on his wounded chest.

..

..

- " HAYDON?! "