Episode 8: Burn my body.

She opened the window, and jumped. But seeing that the distance until hitting the ground was too far, she used one of her floating tricks before landing. Quickly after touching the ground, she heard a noise coming from her right so she quickly glimpsed to see Jesse walking towards her..

- " Hey! Aren't you supposed to be up there?! "

Lizzy didn't know that The Freaks were covering the whole area surrounding the manor, so seeing Jesse's doubtful face, she rapidly started running away from the mansion and into the woods..

- " Stop! " He yelled as the flames surrounded his right hand like a fiery serpent that was shot towards the running girl, and landed inches away from her feet, which only made her run faster.

Noticing that his heightened hearing senses heard what was happening, Jackson's strong wolf sight quickly caught the running girl, and out of an instinctive feeling, he wolfed out and hurried after her.

But Lizzy was smarter than the big bad wolf, she took a glimpse at her right shoulder and saw a wolf who was only few meters away from her, so she used her levitating abilities and jumped high grabbing the branch of a tree and jumping to other ones consecutively. But suddenly a force pushed down the tree she was supposed to grab onto next, so she fell crashing on the dirt..

- " I got her! " Leon's hand was pointed at the fallen tree with a smile of satisfaction filling his face. Hearing what Leon had just announced, Makayla rushed towards the injured liar with a knife in her hand.

- " What the hell did you do! " She pointed the knife at her throat, with a grudging tone.

Suddenly the Freaks heard screams coming from the mansion. Seeing that the Freaks were all distracted by those shouts, Lizzy took her chances, and reached out to the knife in Makayla's Hand, who was looking towards the mansion. She took the knife and grabbed Makayla's hand, Making her kneel down as she screamed from the agony Lizzy's powers were causing her. Leon quickly looked back at Lizzy, but before trying to free Makayla, Lizzy surrounded him with fatal sound waves Making him lose conscious, she then looked at Jackson's surprised face and threw the knife directly into his chest, taking him out. She felt Leon's powers as he lied peacefully on the cold muddy dirt, and then waved her hand brutally Bashing Jesse easily into one of the many trees.

- " No,  No, No-  Stace, Wake up Stacey, Wake up, Plea- , Please wake up.. wake up! " She cried and screamed, she shook her dead corpse brutally wishing that she'd wake up again.. But she was gone.

The effect of the beta blockers was gone, and so Nicki was woken up by the cries of Karen, kneeling next to Stacey's body, crying in frustration..

- " Karen..?! " She opened her eyes.

- " She's gone! " her veins were showing, and her face and eyes were red, the tears messed the mascara on her eyelashes.. she was in a trauma.

- " oh my go- , Oh , my , god! " Her tears started rolling down at the sight of her Mother figure crying, weakened by the death of someone who's worth a sister to her..

The days that followed the incident were blurry, empty and lonely. The mansion seemed empty than ever,  especially with Karen, Jackson and Nicki not being present..

- " Few days?! "

- " they said she wanted to be buried there.. "

- " Like seriously I don't get why they had to leave us alone during times like these! "

- " Hey! You're talking as if we don't have any powers to protect ourselves! "

- " Not against an army of Lunar Freaks, we don't! " Makayla answered with panick.

- " Besides, haven't you seen what this little blond bitch had done to us, On her own! She easily kicked our asses.. Imagine what she could do with an army of Lunar Freaks at her side ! " Leon added.

- " Guys! " Jesse calmed them " You seriously need to stop panicking, its not like they can get to us..! "

- " We need to stay on watch.. We'll take shifts hiking around the mansion! " Makayla suggested.

- " I'll start.. " Leon quickly replied.

- " Great! "

After night fell down, Leon was still roaming around the mansion, analysing the area for any intruders. Makayla walked into the dining room, and saw Jesse surrounding himself with tons of paperwork..

- " What's up! "

- " Uh, nothing just finishing those invitations.. "

- " I thought there won't be a ball this year! "

- " you know what Jackie would say, the ball must go on! "

- " Jesse, Stacey di- "

- " yes! " He yelled " And now we need to move on with our lives! Haydon is in a goddamn coma and I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do, or how the hell am I supposed to keep it together! "

- " Jess, you don't have to do this alone.. I'm here with you. "

- " I , I'm sorry I yelled at you! " He paused " I'm just- "

- " it's okay.. I know we're going through some rough times, but I know that if Haydon, or Jackie were here with us, they'd want us to throw this Christmas ball.. so we shall! "

Jesse looked at Makayla and smiled, as she placed her hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

《 we invite you to the annual Christmas ball, a charity event that will be hosted during the holiday season at the Elanoar mansion. Only the highest of class are invited to this event, wearing masks and formal clothing's. A dance shall be performed and a huge feast will feed the visitors. We're looking forward to see you in your masks, the best masqueraded couple shall be rewarded. 》

- " Liz, Are we going?! " one of the Freaks asked.

she cracked an evil laugh before answering..

- " of course.. These bitches won't know what hit 'em ! "