The Human Songbird

Hey guys! Thank you so much for all of the support - seriously tho, a thousand reads and a hundred votes. I never thought I'd get that far! You guys are AWESOME.

Anyway, other than me praising you guys, I put this note here to tell you that there are huge time gaps.

THIS IS PRETTY IMPORTANT. PLZ READ

The Battle Of Chicago took place years ago, back when Kyrie was still four. Back when 'Kyrie' wasn't even her name. (All shall be revealed as the story progresses.) The Event In Mexico (that's what I'm calling it) WAS a trap, set up by the government who came up with a fake Autobot 'help me' message. That event happened a little while before the Yeagers found Optimus. 

Okay, gotta stop boring y'all. On with the story!

___________________

"Show me."

_

I woke up with sweat on my forehead. And...Dad, sitting beside me and holding my arm.

"Sweetie?" He asked. "Are you okay?"

What exactly did that mean - that dream? Everything in there seemed so real and so familiar. I knew where it was; that was the Battle Of Chicago. That was years ago - why was I thinking about it? Was it just a dream that came to be with my imagination...

"I'm fine, Dad." I reassured him. "Sorry. Did I scream?"

...or was it real?

"Well - no, I just came to tell you dinner's ready. You were hyperventilating."

Wow. That's how long I was asleep?

"Okay," I said. I slowly got up. "What's for dinner?"

"Hot dogs. Go get changed, I'll see you downstairs." He smiled and walked out the room.

"Don't take too long!" He shouted back. I smiled.

Around here, we take baths at least once a week. We try to cut money out of the bills. It actually helps, since we save about fifty dollars. We're not dirty, we're just...slightly less good-smelling than others.

I went to my closet and took out a gray shirt and black sports shorts (try saying that over and over again) and put them on, throwing my old clothes into the laundry basket beside the closet. 

 I ran out of the room - what? It gets me places faster -, slid down the stair railings, and landed on my feet. I saw Dad already sitting at the dinner table as Tessa set the food down. 

"This is a surprise." Tessa said.

"How so?" I asked, trying to act like one of those people I saw on TV once. They both laughed.

I sat across from Dad. "We're all finally eating together." Tessa said, sitting at the head of the table.

"Seems pretty weird," Dad said.

"Feels pretty weird," I said.

Tessa smiled. "Well, this is what other families do. So you're actually calling culture weird."

"Are we now?" Dad asked. Then we dug in.

The food was delicious. It was Tessa who made them, of course - she took culinary lessons. Good thing, too. We'd all be starving. Last time Dad cooked the food, it tasted bad and was burnt. Even he admitted it sucked.

"Still the best cook ever." I said and took a bite of the hot dog.

"Say that to five star restaurants."

The Last Of Us (DISCONTINUED)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें