XIII

|Avoid|

|Avoid|

Finally wrapping up
all the finishing touches on my files. I checked my phone. Still no word from Rahim, but I had 20 texts from Terrance and 10 missed calls.

I knew what it was about, so I didn't dare to return his call. I didn't feel like getting the 3rd degree, I'd prolong the process for as long as I could.

I didn't want to call Tiffany, lord knows she'd probably only make matters worse.

I decided to text Fiona. I know we weren't long term friends, but I felt I could confide in her, without judgement.

Of course I'd leave out the part, where I had sex with her brother. That would end the whole no judgement avoidance.

Sending her a quick text, I asked if I could come over, for a little R&R.

I was surprised when she texted back, almost immediately.

I texted back telling her to send me her address, and that I was coming straight there.

I desperately wanted to wash today off of me, but I couldn't risk Terrance being home.

Putting in her address, she was only 14 minutes away. Thank God, I didn't know if I had it in me to drive any further.

I was mentally and physically exhausted. I wish I could just erase today and go home.

This was reality though, no redos, or fast forwarding. I made my bed and eventually I'd have to lay in it.

I turned on Summer walkers new album and let her lyrics consume me as I made the drive to Fiona's.

I ain't takin' your shit today, no
I ain't takin' your shit tomorrow, no
We can do it my way, so
I ain't stickin', no
No, I ain't stickin' 'round no more

•••

I pulled into her driveway, taking my key out the ignition.

Grabbing my purse I exited my car, before hitting the lock button on my key fob.

Walking up to her front door, I rung the doorbell and waited for her to let me in.

A few moments afterwards, she opened the door with the biggest grin.

"Hey love, come in!" She greeted me with a hug.