IX

| Not Guilty |

| Not Guilty |

"All rise! The 1st and the 14th judicial Supreme court of the state Texas. Rahim Knight vs. The state of Texas is now in session. The honorable Judge Phillips is presiding." The stocky bailiff called out to the wide array of people in the court room.

As instructed everybody in the court room stood up, awaiting for the Judge to present himself.

A few moments later Phillips appeared from the door leading to his "Throne".

Claiming his seat first, before fixing his eyes on the crowd.

"You may be seated." He said, pushing up his glasses that slid down the bridge of his nose.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is a criminal court case. Today we will be going over plea agreements for Mr. Rahim Knight. Mendoza, Lattimore are you ready to proceed?" He eyed us both.

"Yes your honor!" We said in unison.

"Mr. Knight, you were given a plea deal. In which you are required to serve a minimum 25 years with the possibility of parole, for the Murder of Uncover Agent Micheal Nicks. Did you and Lattimore come to an agreement?"

Undercover Agent? Those words hit me like a brick. No wonder the DA wanted him so bad, this put our case in a vulnerable position.

Like a puzzle, it all fit together.

His hate for cops, collecting debts, taking the law into his own hands.

At first I had no doubt in my mind he was innocent. Now I was beginning to second guess my judgment.

I looked at Rahim and back at the judge.

"Yes your honor we have. My client has declined the deal." I stated holding my composure.

"Is that right, Mr. Knight? Did you decline the deal?"

"Yes your honor."

"And how do you plea?"

"Not guilty, your honor." He replied.

Phillips sighed, taking off his glasses.

"Mr. Knight you do realize by waving your rights to the plea deal—you're facing the maximum punishment of the death penalty by lethal injection?"

"Yes your honor! I plan to prove to you and the jury that I am not the man, I am portrayed to be. I am a God fearing man and believe that the real truth will come to the light. But with his guidance, I will see this through to the end and show my true character."